* RE: Troubles with an xterm
@ 2004-03-09 14:24 SMore
From: SMore @ 2004-03-09 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I was able to get my hands on a Solaris running openwindows.....

	The xterm client on the as400 works fine using the Solaris Xserver.
	The same xterm client on the as400 does not work with cygwin's
Xserver.

	This leeds me to belive that the problem is with cygwin......

-Steve More

From: Thomas Dickey @ 2004-03-09 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 SMore@empirecorp.org wrote:

> I was able to get my hands on a Solaris running openwindows.....
>
> 	The xterm client on the as400 works fine using the Solaris Xserver.
> 	The same xterm client on the as400 does not work with cygwin's
> Xserver.
>
> 	This leeds me to belive that the problem is with cygwin......

I suppose so - but not having setup keyboard mapping for this, can only
guess what has to be done.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

* RE: Troubles with an xterm
@ 2004-03-08 22:35 ` Thomas Dickey
From: Thomas Dickey @ 2004-03-08 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

@ 2004-03-08 22:20 SMore

From: Thomas Dickey @ 2004-03-08 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 SMore@empirecorp.org wrote:

> I am extremely happy using X and cygwin.
>
> I can easily run xterms from Solaris to cygwin.
> I can easily run xterms from Linux to cygwin.
> Neither of the above required any configuration on my part.
>
> Now, I am trying to run an xterm from an as400( iSeries ) and am having a
> bit of a problem.

Is that ASCII or EBCDIC?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

* Troubles with an xterm
@ 2004-03-08 21:50 SMore
From: SMore @ 2004-03-08 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I am extremely happy using X and cygwin.

I can easily run xterms from Solaris to cygwin.
I can easily run xterms from Linux to cygwin.
Neither of the above required any configuration on my part.

Now, I am trying to run an xterm from an as400( iSeries ) and am having a
bit of a problem.
I get the xterm to display but the only key strokes that work are:
	1. the space bar
	2. the enter on the numeric keypad
	3. control-characters

Is this just a matter of running: setxkbmap ???

I am running: XFree86-xserv 4.3.0-44
If it still does not work with XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-50, what can I do to help
debug this ?

-Thanks
Stephen More