* XWin.exe.stackdump
@ 2003-10-29  3:00 Frédéric L. W. Meunier
From: Frédéric L. W. Meunier @ 2003-10-29  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Does it help ?
http://pervalidus.port5.com/tmp/XWin.exe.stackdump

I got it with all latest packages while shutdowning the server
running my latest IceWM build (the first with working
fontconfig support (--enable-gradients --enable-antialiasing).
A month ago it'd just crash at startup with the above options
enabled, but the stackdump was from IceWM. It never crashed
without them.

waiting for X server to shut down ..........

xinit:  X server slow to shut down, sending KILL signal.

waiting for server to die ...

xinit:  Can't kill server

[1]+  Done                    startx

I couldn't reproduce it. Can the window manager cause it ?

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html

* Re: XWin.exe.stackdump
@ 2003-10-29  3:51 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-10-29  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I don't know the context of the problem.  Sounds like you are working on
building IceWM?

Harold

@ 2003-10-29  4:27   ` Frédéric L. W. Meunier
From: Frédéric L. W. Meunier @ 2003-10-29  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I don't know the context of the problem.  Sounds like you are
> working on building IceWM?

I've been using it since last month but did a new build with
fontconfig.

The server crashed once at logout time (the window manager had
already closed) and I couldn't reproduce it. I don't even know
if it's related to the new build. It could be a mere
coincidence.

I thought you might be able to know if it's a XWin bug from the
stackdump using addr2line -e XWin.exe Function, but you
probably need a -g build since here it only returns ??:0.

Apart from that, no other crashes or problems (yet).