* Re: How to get my auto repeat back?
@ 2003-11-23 17:57 Jeffrey C Honig
From: Jeffrey C Honig @ 2003-11-23 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

> You got this version:

> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2003-11/msg00006.html

> If so, remove all flags that you have added (e.g. "-kb", "+kb", etc.)
> and stop using your config file if you were not using it before. I
> think you should be back to normal.

Already have it.  I've removed all keyboard related options.  And I have
never installed a config file.  Still no auto-repeat.  :-(

My arguments to Xwin are:

 -clipboard -fullscreen -emulate3buttons -nowinkill -unixkill -engine 1

Thanks.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <jch@honig.net>
http://www.honig.net/jch

* Re: How to get my auto repeat back?
@ 2003-11-23 18:14 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-11-23 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Okay, now try with -kb.

Harold

@ 2003-11-23 18:24   ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-11-23 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Jeff,

Also, please run the following from a Cygwin bash prompt and send in the
resulting cygcheck.out fiel (it may take a minute or two to finish running):

cygcheck -c > cygcheck.out 2>&1

Harold

* Re: How to get my auto repeat back?
@ 2003-11-23 19:23     ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-11-23 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Also, please run the following from a Cygwin bash prompt and send in the
> resulting cygcheck.out fiel (it may take a minute or two to finish running):
>
> cygcheck -c > cygcheck.out 2>&1
>
> Harold

Harold,

The above is the right command if you want to make sure all the files from
all the installed packages are present.  If all you want are the installed
package versions, you should use "cygcheck -cd" (or "cygcheck
--check-setup --dump-only").
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: How to get my auto repeat back?
@ 2003-11-23 19:25       ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-11-23 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>Jeff,
>>
>>Also, please run the following from a Cygwin bash prompt and send in the
>>resulting cygcheck.out fiel (it may take a minute or two to finish running):
>>
>>cygcheck -c > cygcheck.out 2>&1
>>
>>Harold
>

> Harold,
>
> The above is the right command if you want to make sure all the files from
> all the installed packages are present.  If all you want are the installed
> package versions, you should use "cygcheck -cd" (or "cygcheck
> --check-setup --dump-only").

Igor,

In this case I do want to actually check if all files are present.

Harold

* Re: How to get my auto repeat back?
@ 2003-11-23 21:24         ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-11-23 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> >
> >>Jeff,
> >>
> >>Also, please run the following from a Cygwin bash prompt and send in the
> >>resulting cygcheck.out fiel (it may take a minute or two to finish running):
> >>
> >>cygcheck -c > cygcheck.out 2>&1
> >>
> >>Harold
> >

> > Harold,
> >
> > The above is the right command if you want to make sure all the files from
> > all the installed packages are present.  If all you want are the installed
> > package versions, you should use "cygcheck -cd" (or "cygcheck
> > --check-setup --dump-only").
>
> Igor,
>
> In this case I do want to actually check if all files are present.
>
> Harold

Sure, just thought I'd get that info into the archives.  BTW, two notes
about the above functionality: (a) some packages, notably apache, will
show up as incomplete due to a directory rename in the postinstall script,
so it's probably better to specify exactly which packages you'd like to
check, and (b) cygcheck will not check whether the files are the same as
in the distribution tarball, just whether they are present.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu