* gv probelms
@ 2003-12-05 22:20 Ivar Bratberg
From: Ivar Bratberg @ 2003-12-05 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hello, I have just installed the newest version of KDE, freeX and Cygwin.
It is an impressingly good software.
But I have problems when using the command gv for reading ps files.
I use latex and dvips to generate a latex file.
When I say gv file.ps an error window occures and says: "Postscript
interpreter failed in main window".
I know the ps is file is ok, I have tested it in on a linux platform.
When installing cygwin i choosed gv from both the graphics cvategory and
the x11 category.

Best regards, and thank you for a good product.

Ivar Bratberg

* Re: gv probelms
@ 2003-12-06 15:38 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2003-12-06 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

    Ivar> Hello, I have just installed the newest version of KDE, freeX and Cygwin.
    Ivar> It is an impressingly good software.
    Ivar> But I have problems when using the command gv for reading ps files.
    Ivar> I use latex and dvips to generate a latex file.
    Ivar> When I say gv file.ps an error window occures and says: "Postscript
    Ivar> interpreter failed in main window".
    Ivar> I know the ps is file is ok, I have tested it in on a linux platform.
    Ivar> When installing cygwin i choosed gv from both the graphics cvategory and
    Ivar> the x11 category.

Does this happen for every postscript file ?

    Ivar> Best regards, and thank you for a good product.

    Ivar> Ivar Bratberg

Ciao
  Volker