* Problems with the right-button.
@ 2004-02-17  6:55 Gonzalo Cano
From: Gonzalo Cano @ 2004-02-17  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi!

I am using cygwin/x to connect via XDMCP to a server with SunOs 5.7 and CDE
1.3.4, working as a management server with the graphical application
"Openview Operations for Solaris" to manage a Regional Corporative Network.

The mouse right-button (button 3) works fine over the CDE desktop and the
title bars, displaying the contextual menus, but inside the windows (xterm,
Openview windows,...) it does not work (no contextual menu), but I need this
functionality!!!

Can anybody help me?

Regards,
Gonzalo Cano.

* Re: Problems with the right-button.
@ 2004-02-17  9:46 ` Takuma Murakami
From: Takuma Murakami @ 2004-02-17  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Gonzalo,

Just a sanity check:  xterm does not show menus for right
clicks.  You get the font menu by pressing a control key
and right mouse button, for example.

It is better to consult xev program.  What do you get when
you right-click xev window?  Do you get a ButtonPress like
the following?

ButtonPress event, serial 17, synthetic NO, window 0x800001,
    root 0x3a, subw 0x800002, time 12565257, (41,39), root:(47,64),
    state 0x0, button 3, same_screen YES

Takuma Murakami

@ 2004-02-18 15:23   ` Gonzalo Cano
From: Gonzalo Cano @ 2004-02-18 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi Takuma:

What do you mean when you say "pressing a control key"? Which key do you
refer?

I could open a contextual menu in the CDE Console with another X Server for
Microsoft Windows, clicking the right mouse button, displaying several

- Window (New,Close)
- Edit (Copy,Paste)
- Options (Menu Bar, Scroll Bar, Global, ...)
- Help (Overview, Table of contents, ...)

But this cannot be done with Cygwin.

Anyways, what I really need is to open contextual menus in HP Openview, with
right-button or some key-combination.

I have followed your recomendations, and have done a test with xev. This is
what I get when I click the right-button:

ButtonPress event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0x1e00001,
    root 0x3b, subw 0x0, time 7103754, (84,92), root:(150,158),
    state 0x10, button 3, same_screen YES

Any help will be apreciated.
Gonzalo.

* Re: Problems with the right-button.
@ 2004-02-19  8:46     ` Takuma Murakami
From: Takuma Murakami @ 2004-02-19  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Gonzalo,

> What do you mean when you say "pressing a control key"? Which key do you
> refer?

I meant the key which is printed "Ctrl" on its keytop, but
it is not the problem because you prove Cygwin/X has
different behaviour to other X servers.

> I have followed your recomendations, and have done a test with xev. This is
> what I get when I click the right-button:
>
> ButtonPress event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0x1e00001,
>     root 0x3b, subw 0x0, time 7103754, (84,92), root:(150,158),
>     state 0x10, button 3, same_screen YES

It indicates button presses are correctly reported to
applications, I believe.  A little suspicion is the state 0x10.
Were you pressing some keys while the xev test?

> Any help will be apreciated.

Unfortunately I have no more ideas.  I don't have CDE
environments, so I can't even try to examine or reproduce
your problem.

Takuma Murakami

* Re: Problems with the right-button.
@ 2004-02-19 14:13       ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-02-19 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Takuma Murakami wrote:

> > ButtonPress event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0x1e00001,
> >     root 0x3b, subw 0x0, time 7103754, (84,92), root:(150,158),
> >     state 0x10, button 3, same_screen YES
>
> It indicates button presses are correctly reported to
> applications, I believe.  A little suspicion is the state 0x10.
> Were you pressing some keys while the xev test?

state 0x10 is Num-Lock. Try switching off num-lock

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de