Igor Pechtchanski wrote: > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Alexander Gottwald wrote: > >> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 baileymason@comcast.net wrote: >> >>> Xwin -query hostname -nodecoration -lesspointer >>> >>> to get me to a login have not been successful. The server >>> (192.168.1.2) seems to respond as in this dump >>> >>> Unfortunately this sequence isn't generating errors to >>> xdm-error.log. I'm thinking that either there is an xdm >>> configuration setting or Xwin option that I don't have set up. I've >>> tried the -from and -port options with no affect. >> >> what about /tmp/XWin.log? Have you already tried the -from >> parameter? >> >> bye >> ago > > > Also check /var/log/messages on the RedHat machine for any error > messages from [gkx]dm. > Igor I have a similar problem. This is with a SuSE 8.2 installation. I had Mandrake 9.1 installed before and managed to get XDMCP working. Can't get it working with SuSE however and I'm pulling my hair out! I have nothing in my /var/log/messages nor /var/log/kdm.log files. I'm using: $ xwin -query sonslinux -from adefaria X comes up but no login dialog box. XWin.log is attached. Any help would be appreciated. -- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.