From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: Gulliver Smith <gulliver.m.smith@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Menus from Fedora virtual machine off screen
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:07:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 11/02/2017 22:14, Gulliver Smith wrote:
> I don't know if this is a Fedora 25 question or a cygwin X question
> since I upgraded at the same time.
>
> Ever since my Fedora 25 upgrade, the menus from programs running on
> the Linux box using cygwin x as the X server appear off screen at the
> top left. It is impossible to use these menus.

Thanks for reporting this.

There have been a few other similar reports, so I'd like to understand
what the problem is here.

For future issues, can I ask you to use the cygwin list, per [1]

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2015-03/msg00001.html

> An example is Firefox'smenu, but this happens with many Linux programs.
>
> Is there a configuration option that I am missing in cygwin X?

No, I think this is probably a bug, somewhere.

> Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

I built an x64 Fedora 25 VM and attempted to reproduce this problem, but
with no success.

Are you using a non-default visual theme?

Can you attach an XWin.0.log file? I'm interested if you have a single
or multiple monitor setup, and what the monitor geometry is.

--
Jon Turney
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer