* cygwin-X: bits of .Xdefaults selectively ignored
@ 2004-01-31 12:22 fergus
From: fergus @ 2004-01-31 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: fergus

When starting rxvt after XWin -multiwindow, most of ~/.Xdefaults is picked
up (such as rxvt*background, rxvt*foreground, rxvt*color10, rxvt*geometry
and many more) but, whatever I try, I can't get it to implement

    rxvt*font: Lucida Console-14

though this, and all the other instructions, are successfully read
identified and enacted in rxvt in non-X mode. Any help / ideas?

PS. Despite several efforts to identify the rules going on here, I can find
no easy way of defining/ guessing/ forecasting which fonts from the Windows
provision rxvt will understand, and which not.

Thank you.

Fergus

* Re: cygwin-X: bits of .Xdefaults selectively ignored
@ 2004-01-31 16:11 ` Benjamin Riefenstahl
From: Benjamin Riefenstahl @ 2004-01-31 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi Fergus,

<fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net> writes:
> [~/.Xdefaults ...] whatever I try, I can't get it to implement
>
>     rxvt*font: Lucida Console-14

AFAICS, that is not a valid X11 font spec.  You should be able to use
"xfontsel -print" to get a valid font spec for the font that you want.

benny