* Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.8.0-1 (TEST)
       [not found] <4BB652A7.7020409@users.sourceforge.net>
@ 2010-04-03  1:45 ` Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2010-04-03  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Just by way of an FYI:

I couldn't get the X server to run the first time, I got this error when
starting it:

XWin.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygGL-1.dll: cannot open
shared object file:
  No such file or directory

So I went back and updated to the "curr" release, and found that Cygwin
downloaded about a half-dozen packages, including several libraries.  I
last updated when 1.7.2 came out.

Then I did the experimental install again, and this time the server
started up without problems.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

@ 2010-04-28 13:35 ` Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2010-04-28 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

It has been over three weeks.  What is the status of this release?

Thanks - Jim

--

@ 2010-04-28 14:49   ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2010-04-28 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: Jim Reisert AD1C

On 28/04/2010 00:57, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> It has been over three weeks.  What is the status of this release?

There's been no feedback, good or bad.  This probably means no-one has tried
it :-)

Anyhow, thanks for the reminder, and since no major regressions have been
reported, I've promoted 1.8.0-1 from test to latest.

> Thanks - Jim
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
> <yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net>  wrote:
>
>> The following package has been updated for Cygwin 1.7:
>>
>> * xorg-server-1.8.0-1 (TEST)
>>
>> This package contains XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
>>
>> This is the first official release of the xserver 1.8 series.  It is
>> currently available as a test release, and will be made stable in
>> approximately 10 days if no major regressions are reported.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer

* Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.8.0-1 (TEST)
@ 2010-04-28 18:38     ` Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2010-04-28 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On 28 April 2010 09:34, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 28/04/2010 00:57, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>>
>> It has been over three weeks.  What is the status of this release?
>
> There's been no feedback, good or bad.  This probably means no-one has tried
> it :-)

Actually there was feedback:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2010-04/msg00007.html

But there was never any follow up on it.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

* Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.8.0-1 (TEST)
@ 2010-05-25 20:40 Amal Khailtash
From: Amal Khailtash @ 2010-05-25 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Just a note about this bug:

This only happens in multi-window mode and not full-screen or no window decorations.  Maybe that helps narrow the leak.

Cheers,-- Amal

I am just reposting this to let you know that xorg-server-1.8.0 has the same USER/GDI
leak problem as with version "Cygwin/X X Server Verion 1.7.6, Build Date 2010-03-18"

Refer to this http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2010-04/msg00062.html for the details.

Regards,
-- Amal

@ 2010-04-29 15:11 Amal Khailtash

@ 2010-04-03  9:48 Janssens Michael
From: Janssens Michael @ 2010-04-03  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; 	charset="utf-8", Size: 3303 bytes --]

Unsubscrive