* Re: [Xoncygwin-cvs] CVS Update: cygwin-xfree-doc (branch: trunk)
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.55.0312062041250.26333@lupus.ago.vpn>
@ 2003-12-09  1:43     ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-12-09  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> I'll do this but I am busy the next days too. So this may last until next
> weekend or even later. But lets see how far I get on monday.

I've finished the hw/xwin directory. Harold and Kensuke, can you please
take a look if I've not removed changes (eg. to the new rootless mode).

I've copyied all changes from xoncygwin except:
- new logfile handling
- harolds printf warning fixes
- region changes
- everything that smelled like rootless. But here I'm not sure if I've
  missed something
- forgot something?

+ some warning fixes with function prototypes.

good night,
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

* Re: [Xoncygwin-cvs] CVS Update: cygwin-xfree-doc (branch: trunk)
@ 2003-12-09  2:54       ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-09  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>

>>I'll do this but I am busy the next days too. So this may last until next
>>weekend or even later. But lets see how far I get on monday.
>

> I've finished the hw/xwin directory. Harold and Kensuke, can you please
> take a look if I've not removed changes (eg. to the new rootless mode).
>
> I've copyied all changes from xoncygwin except:
> - new logfile handling

That should be okay to move because our CYGWIN tag has the latest
XFree86 CVS for all other directories.

> - harolds printf warning fixes

I made those changes on the xorg CYGWIN tag... not in xoncygwin.  I take
it you mean that you overwrote some files?

> - region changes

Did those get overwritten too?

> - everything that smelled like rootless. But here I'm not sure if I've
>   missed something

None of Kensuke's new rootless stuff was checked into either tree.
Kensuke's new stuff will get merged soon, but it isn't an issue yet.

> - forgot something?

I don't see any emails in the cvs-commit log:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg-commit/2003-December/date.html

> + some warning fixes with function prototypes.

Okay.

Thanks for working on this.  This is my final exams week so I am pretty
busy.

Harold

* Re: [Xoncygwin-cvs] CVS Update: cygwin-xfree-doc (branch: trunk)
@ 2003-12-09  2:56         ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-09  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Alexander,

Oh, I get it, you have been preparing for a commit, but you have not
committed yet, right?  I see no commits yet, so I suspect that this is
the case:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/?cvsroot=xorg

Harold

@ 2003-12-09  2:59           ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-09  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Ugh, I keep getting confused.  Forgot to look at the CYGWIN tag:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/?cvsroot=xorg&only_with_tag=CYGWIN

So, the changes have been committed.  This is good.  Now I need to
figure out why no emails were sent to xorg-commit.

Harold

@ 2003-12-09  3:00           ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-09  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Oh my!  I didn't realize that Kensuke had already started committing
patches to the tree!  This is neat.  Please disregard all of my

Harold

* Re: [Xoncygwin-cvs] CVS Update: cygwin-xfree-doc (branch: trunk)
@ 2003-12-09  4:13       ` Kensuke Matsuzaki
From: Kensuke Matsuzaki @ 2003-12-09  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Alexander,

It seems like new rootless code were partly overwritten by old code,
and Neither New and old rootless mode does't work.

Kensuke Matsuzaki

* Re: [Xoncygwin-cvs] CVS Update: cygwin-xfree-doc (branch: trunk)
@ 2003-12-09  9:59             ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-12-09  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> So, the changes have been committed.  This is good.  Now I need to
> figure out why no emails were sent to xorg-commit.

The patch was quite big and might have hit the maximum size for mails to
the list. I think the mail is waiting for moderator approval.

bye

From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-12-09  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Kensuke Matsuzaki wrote:

> It seems like new rootless code were partly overwritten by old code,
> and Neither New and old rootless mode does't work.

I think the commit mail will get though today and contains the full
patch. Can you then take a look on the patch and remove everything
but the wrongly commited chunks and apply the patch as reverse?

@ 2003-12-09 11:13         ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-12-09 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> > I've copyied all changes from xoncygwin except:
> > - new logfile handling
>
> That should be okay to move because our CYGWIN tag has the latest
> XFree86 CVS for all other directories.
>
> > - harolds printf warning fixes
>
> I made those changes on the xorg CYGWIN tag... not in xoncygwin.  I take
> it you mean that you overwrote some files?

The list was meant as changes in xorg, which I've left. I've done a diff
on the directory and removed all chunks which
a) should not go into xorg
b) were changed in xorg but ot in xoncygwin

The listed were all from category b

I think I've kept the logfile and the printf changes completely but I'm
not sure about the rootless changes. But as Kensuke already menitioned it
seems I've overwritten some of his work.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de

@ 2003-12-10  8:57 Pille Geert (bizvdm)
From: Pille Geert (bizvdm) @ 2003-12-10  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I know, I should read the full digest before reacting.

Mea culpa,

Geert

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Pille Geert (bizvdm) wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Will the "rootless" option be removed?  Or do I get this ("everything that
> smelled like rootless") wrong?

There is new code for rootless so I've tried not to copy the old code.

bye
	ago

===============================
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
You are explicitly requested to notify the sender of this email that the intended recipient was not reached.

* RE: [Xoncygwin-cvs] CVS Update: cygwin-xfree-doc (branch: trunk)
@ 2003-12-10  7:36 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-12-10  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

@ 2003-12-10  7:31 Pille Geert (bizvdm)