* openGL link errors
@ 2000-07-14 20:41 Jason Majors
       [not found] ` <4.3.2.7.2.20000716131116.00d2eb60@pop.ma.ultranet.com>
From: Jason Majors @ 2000-07-14 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm trying to compile a simple openGL application under cygwin.
I have the latest version of everything (as of July 14) from the yggdrasil.com
mirror site. I followed the instructions for linking in the openGL README, but
I'm still getting errors like:
main.o(.text+0x31):main.c: undefined reference to `glColor3f@12'
I get about 20 of these from various gl* and glut* functions.

Here is the important part of the Makefile:

LINK_OPTS= -L/usr/local/lib -lglui -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

gluthello: main.o
	$(CC) $(LINK_OPTS) -o gluthello main.o

main.o: main.c
	$(CC) $(INCLUDE) -c main.c

* Re: openGL link errors
       [not found] ` <4.3.2.7.2.20000716131116.00d2eb60@pop.ma.ultranet.com>
@ 2000-07-16 11:03   ` Jason Majors
From: Jason Majors @ 2000-07-16 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc); +Cc: cygwin

I read that thread, but it doesn't really apply here. All of the functions I'm
calling are already setup as 'extern void APIENTRY'.

When I comment out the LINK_OPTS macro in my Makefile, I get the exact same
results, so it looks like it can't find the libraries (they're in /lib) or it
doesn't understand how to read them.

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 01:11:41PM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> At 11:42 PM 7/14/00, you wrote:
I'm trying to compile a simple openGL application under cygwin.
I have the latest version of everything (as of July 14) from the yggdrasil.com
mirror site. I followed the instructions for linking in the openGL README, but
I'm still getting errors like:
main.o(.text+0x31):main.c: undefined reference to `glColor3f@12'
I get about 20 of these from various gl* and glut* functions.

Here is the important part of the Makefile:

INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/include
LINK_OPTS=-lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

gluthello: main.o
        $(CC) $(LINK_OPTS) -o gluthello main.o

main.o: main.c
        $(CC) $(INCLUDE) -c main.c

> See the thread on glGetString...
>

> Larry Hall                              lhall@rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
> 118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>                                        (508) 560-1285 - cell phone

* RE: openGL link errors
@ 2000-07-16 12:44     ` Norman Vine
From: Norman Vine @ 2000-07-16 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jason Majors writes:

>I read that thread, but it doesn't really apply here. All of
>the functions I'm
>calling are already setup as 'extern void APIENTRY'.
>
>When I comment out the LINK_OPTS macro in my Makefile, I get
>the exact same
>results, so it looks like it can't find the libraries (they're
>in /lib) or it
>doesn't understand how to read them.

Hmm..
is <windows.h> #included before <GL/glut.h>

Norman

* Various OpenGL errors
@ 2000-07-16 16:43       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-07-16 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: andre.bleau

I've seen a few errors reported with the opengl package that was
recently submitted for inclusion on sourceware.

If the maintainer is not willing to work on fixing these various
problems, this package will probably be pulled from the latest
directory.

Is anyone willing to put some work into maintaining this package?

cgf