* email -attach
@ 2022-06-22 20:19 ricardo.couto
From: ricardo.couto @ 2022-06-22 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi guys,

The package "email" does not works fine with "attach" option when use more
than one files to attach.

Please, check-it.

--
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

* Re: email -attach
@ 2022-07-01 15:33 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-07-01 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: ricardo.couto

On 2022-06-22 14:19, ricardo.couto@gmail.com wrote:
> The package "email" does not works fine with "attach" option when use more
> than one files to attach.
> Please, check-it.

$ email --version
email - By Dean Jones; Version 3.2.3-git
$ email Brian -a /etc/email/email.conf -a ~/.email.conf < \
	~/.email/email.address.book

works fine for me.

You may need to use --attach not -attach - man and --help differ!

* RES: email -attach
@ 2022-07-01 17:00   ` ricardo.couto
From: ricardo.couto @ 2022-07-01 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

-attach "file1,file2,file3"

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 1 de julho de 2022 12:34
Para: cygwin@cygwin.com
Cc: ricardo.couto@gmail.com
Assunto: Re: email -attach

On 2022-06-22 14:19, ricardo.couto@gmail.com wrote:
> The package "email" does not works fine with "attach" option when use
> more than one files to attach.
> Please, check-it.

$ email --version
email - By Dean Jones; Version 3.2.3-git $ email Brian -a /etc/email/email.conf -a ~/.email.conf < \
	~/.email/email.address.book

works fine for me.

You may need to use --attach not -attach - man and --help differ!

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.

Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

* Re: RES: email -attach
@ 2022-07-02  0:14     ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2022-07-02  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ricardo.couto, cygwin

Greetings, ricardo.couto@gmail.com!

> -attach "file1,file2,file3"

That's one file with name "file1,file2,file3".

With best regards,
Andrey Repin
Friday, July 1, 2022 23:56:37

Sorry for my terrible english...

* RES: RES: email -attach
@ 2022-07-04 13:23       ` ricardo.couto
From: ricardo.couto @ 2022-07-04 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

No. There are 3 comma separeted files.

# man email
  --attach file | -a file
              Attach a binary file.  This option will allow you to attach N files to your email and will be base64 encoded upon
              delivery.   This option is helpful if you need to send any type of file that is not plain ascii text. This option
              can be used multiple times to add multiple files to attach.

EXAMPLES OF USAGE
       # Attach some files with your message
              email -s "files attached" Dean,Jeff --attach stuff.tar.gz,readme.doc

--attach stuff.tar.gz,readme.doc

Thanks a lot.

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 1 de julho de 2022 21:15
Para: ricardo.couto@gmail.com; cygwin@cygwin.com
Assunto: Re: RES: email -attach

@ 2022-07-04 18:51         ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-07-04 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: ricardo.couto

On 2022-07-04 07:23, ricardo.couto@gmail.com wrote:
> Na sexta-feira, 1 de julho de 2022 21:15, Andrey Repin escreveu:
>> Na sexta-feira, 1 de julho de 2022 12:34, Brian Inglis escreveu:
>>> On 2022-06-22 14:19, ricardo.couto@gmail.com wrote:
> The package "email" does not works fine with "attach" option when use
> more than one files to attach.

>> $ email --version
>> email - By Dean Jones; Version 3.2.3-git $ email Brian -a
>> /etc/email/email.conf -a ~/.email.conf < \
>>          ~/.email/email.address.book
>> works fine for me.
>> You may need to use --attach not -attach - man and --help differ!

>>> -attach "file1,file2,file3"
>>> That's one file with name "file1,file2,file3".

There are a number of errors in that package documentation mentioning
features not (or no longer) implemented; the --help is more accurate;
believe and use what works:

	"This option can be used multiple times to add multiple files to attach."

BTW: it uses getopt_long_only(3) [man-pages-linux package] which allows
single dash or double dash long option names as well as single dash
short option characters.

* RES: email -attach
@ 2022-07-04 19:03           ` ricardo.couto
From: ricardo.couto @ 2022-07-04 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I know -attach  file1 -attach file2 -attach file 3 works fine.

I just sugest you implemente a code with -attach "file1, file2, file3".

Thanks a lot.

Enviada em: segunda-feira, 4 de julho de 2022 15:52
Para: cygwin@cygwin.com
Cc: ricardo.couto@gmail.com

@ 2022-07-04 20:43             ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-04 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 04.07.2022 21:03, ricardo.couto@gmail.com wrote:
> I know -attach  file1 -attach file2 -attach file 3 works fine.
>
> I just sugest you implemente a code with -attach "file1, file2, file3".
>
> Thanks a lot.

Dear Ricardo,

it seems you have not clear the difference between
upstream package code and distributions like Cygwin.

In the case of "email" the upstream code is developed at

https://github.com/deanproxy/eMail

the Cygwin package maintainer takes upstream releases
and build the Cygwin binary packages.

New feature are managed upstream, not by the Cygwin packager.

Regards
Marco

* Re: email -attach
@ 2022-07-04 21:18               ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-07-04 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: ricardo.couto

On 2022-07-04 14:43, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 04.07.2022 21:03, ricardo.couto@gmail.com wrote:
>> I know -attach  file1 -attach file2 -attach file 3 works fine.
>> I just sugest you implemente a code with -attach "file1, file2, file3".

That stops anyone attaching files with names containing ","!

> It seems you have not clear the difference between
> upstream package code and distributions like Cygwin.
> In the case of "email" the upstream code is developed at
> https://github.com/deanproxy/eMail
> the Cygwin package maintainer takes upstream releases
> and build the Cygwin binary packages.
> New feature are managed upstream, not by the Cygwin packager.

For open upstream sources, suggestions are "two|ten a penny"|"dime a
dozen"|"não são de grande valia"!
They typically expect you to make the necessary implementation code
changes on a fork of the project on Github, and send them a Pull Request
(PR, or a patch file) referencing the commit, including changes to
documentation and release notes.

They and we are volunteers, so have to choose where we spend our time.