* is this known bug still known to be around? (re: rsync)
@ 2003-06-22 19:36 linda w (cyg)
From: linda w (cyg) @ 2003-06-22 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Often, after transfering a large number of files, rsync will hang when
done (src + dst on same machine).   I remember this being mentioned ages
ago as a problem.

It seems to still be around.  Same as it ever was -- all files seem
to be transferred, it just doesn't want to exit when done.

(rsync: "no no, I know my purpose in this incarnation is complete,
	but I don't wanna go; no program really knows what lies beyond that
	final exit...")

-linda

* Re: is this known bug still known to be around? (re: rsync)
@ 2003-06-24 17:22 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2003-06-24 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: book-girl, cygwin

book-girl wrote:
> Often, after transfering a large number of files, rsync will hang when
> done (src + dst on same machine).   I remember this being mentioned ages
> ago as a problem.
>
> It seems to still be around.  Same as it ever was -- all files seem
> to be transferred, it just doesn't want to exit when done.

Would you be able to attach gdb to the hung process and get a backtrace? You
would need a version of rsync with debug symbols - you could build it
yourself, or I could email you one.

Max.

* is this known bug still known to be around? (re: rsync)
@ 2003-06-24 10:28 book-girl