* uh how to use the cygwin w/o stable release
@ 2001-01-22  4:45 Asher Hoodin
From: Asher Hoodin @ 2001-01-22  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I would need to use the stable release.  How can I get my hands on V1.0?  Is
there a ftp site for that?

Asher Hoodin
EDM Engineer
EDM Department
Ann Arbor Machine Co.
5800 Sibley Road
Chelsea, MI, 48118

* Re: uh how to use the cygwin w/o stable release
@ 2001-01-22  5:26 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-01-22  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Asher Hoodin; +Cc: cygwin

Asher Hoodin wrote:

> I would need to use the stable release.  How can I get my hands on V1.0?  Is
> there a ftp site for that?

The V1.0 is only on the proprietary CD.  The installation processes on
the CD are what is proprietary and prevents me or anyone else from
copying the CD.

Cheers,
Earnie.

* Re: uh how to use the cygwin w/o stable release
@ 2001-01-22  6:01   ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-01-22  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Asher Hoodin, cygwin

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Asher Hoodin wrote:
> >
> > I would need to use the stable release.  How can I get my hands on V1.0?  Is
> > there a ftp site for that?
> >

> The V1.0 is only on the proprietary CD.  The installation processes on
> the CD are what is proprietary and prevents me or anyone else from
> copying the CD.

On the other hand, why do you consider version 1.0 stable and version
1.1.7 not stable?  The version 1.1.7 net release has many improvements
over 1.0 and is used by thousands.  BTW, Red Hat no longer produces the
CD for sale.  Your best bet is to use the current net release,
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe .

Cheers,
Earnie.

* RE: uh how to use the cygwin w/o stable release
@ 2001-01-22 12:19     ` Asher Hoodin
From: Asher Hoodin @ 2001-01-22 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Earnie Boyd'

Thanks Much Ernie.  I will try it.  It is only to support the CVS software.
I guess it wouldnt be the end of the world to use 1.1.7.

Anything to keep from giving Microshaft money for Visual Source Safe.

Thanks!