* Re: Will next cygwin1.dll release have the select() fix?
@ 2003-11-15 19:35 Brian.Kelly
From: Brian.Kelly @ 2003-11-15 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

BRAVO!

My hearty congratulations to Mr. Ford.

I'm sure it will look good on his resume.

>>>  *I was actually given Brian Ford*

I thought slavery in this country ended with the Civil War, or is Mr. Ford
a form of *artificial intelligence*?

Anyhow - how much do you want for him/it?

;-D

-bk

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com>@cygwin.com
on 11/15/2003 02:11:20 PM

Please respond to cygwin@cygwin.com

Sent by:    cygwin-owner@cygwin.com

To:    cygwin@cygwin.com
cc:     (bcc: Brian Kelly/WTC1/Empire)

Subject:    Re: Will next cygwin1.dll release have the select() fix?

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 01:37:04PM -0500, Brian Kelly wrote:
>Why do I feel like I'm watching an Ed Wood movie?
>
>Thank God you guys write better code than you do comedy.
>
>Suggested ad copy for "attracting" more non-contributing end-users:
>
>Cygwin! - Come for the software, stay for the BERATEMENT!

You're confused.  There was zero comedy intended or implied in the
below.

I was actually given Brian Ford a gold star for answering your questions
correctly.  Go to the cygwin web site and look for the gold stars link.

"WellChoice, Inc." made the following
 annotations on 11/15/2003 02:36:07 PM
Attention!  This electronic message contains information that may be legally
confidential and/or privileged.  The information is intended solely for the
individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
delete it. Release/Disclosure Statement

* Re: Will next cygwin1.dll release have the select() fix?
@ 2003-11-15 20:09 ` Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 2003-11-15 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Kelly; +Cc: cygwin

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 Brian.Kelly@Empireblue.com wrote:

> BRAVO!
>
> My hearty congratulations to Mr. Ford.
>
> I'm sure it will look good on his resume.

> I thought slavery in this country ended with the Civil War, or is Mr. Ford
> a form of *artificial intelligence*?

Yeah, that's it!  I'm just a robot creation of Chris'.  That happens
automatically when you start hacking on Cygwin code, like Chris said.

> Anyhow - how much do you want for him/it?
>
> ;-D

Sorry, not for sale.

In all fairness, I did answer your question, all be it in a somewhat
sarcastic manner.  Reread the quote below.

I'm sure it was not really deserving of a gold star.  So, I'll gladly
relinquish it if it'll make you feel better.

Brian Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 Brian.Kelly@Empireblue.com wrote:
>> Chris Faylor wrote:
>>> I'm wondering what you think the term "snapshot" means.
>>>
>> cvs - as opposed to setup.exe
>>
>What do you think the cvs repository is for?
>
>> So I take it I'm wrong and can get the select() fix via default setup.exe?
>>
>Not now, but the next release will be based off cvs.  Doh!
>
>That is what snapshots are for, to test for a yet to be determined
>future release.
>
>>> Standard flip answer: Definitely by December 2004.
>>>
>> Is there such a thing as a standard "non-flip" answer?
>>
> Cygwin is a voluteer effort.  Releases do not happen on a schedule.
> Volunteer yourself, or take what you get.

Anyway, can we *please* just drop this noise now.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer

* RE: The End - Will next cygwin1.dll release have the select() fix?
@ 2003-11-15 20:42   ` Brian Kelly
From: Brian Kelly @ 2003-11-15 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Brian Ford', Brian.Kelly; +Cc: cygwin

> Anyway, can we *please* just drop this noise now.

Agreed - enough.

> I'll gladly relinquish it if it'll make you feel better.

HECK NO!! cgf doesn't give those out every day - and besides, in my not
so humble opinion you've contributed MORE than enough to deserve one
outside of this *noise* - as you put it. All kidding aside, the work
done by all contributors *IS* appreciated VERY MUCH and my hat is off to
you. Cygwin is improving almost daily, and it is entirely because of
contributions like yours. (I hope cgf sees fit to include this with the
chronology posted on the website).

-bk