* CR/LF problem in BASH
@ 2000-09-23  8:29 Ed Hourigan
From: Ed Hourigan @ 2000-09-23  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Problem:  If you switch from the bash session back into Win9x using the
ALT-TAB key combination
and then return to the bash session (window, or whatever you like to call
it ), CR/LF (wrapping)
ceases to function as expected.   If you do an ls, the displayed output
doesn't wrap as
expected.  Output from make and other programs do not wrap as desired.
Someone else
has to be seeing this problem or do people run BASH "standalone" ( i.e. do
not switch back
to windows ).

Thanks.

Attached file contains output from 'cygcheck -r -s -v'

Thanks.

[-- Attachment #2: Ed_Hourigan.vcf --]
[-- Type: text/vcard, Size: 121 bytes --]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Hourigan;Ed
FN:Ed Hourigan
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:edh@twcny.rr.com
REV:20000818T014034Z
END:VCARD

* Re: CR/LF problem in BASH
@ 2000-09-30 10:18 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-30 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 10:55:06AM -0400, Ed Hourigan wrote:
>Problem:  If you switch from the bash session back into Win9x using the
>ALT-TAB key combination and then return to the bash session (window, or
>whatever you like to call it ), CR/LF (wrapping) ceases to function as
>expected.  If you do an ls, the displayed output doesn't wrap as
>expected.  Output from make and other programs do not wrap as desired.
>Someone else has to be seeing this problem or do people run BASH
>"standalone" ( i.e.  do not switch back to windows ).

I am unable to duplicate this problem.  Sorry.

cgf

* RE: CR/LF problem in BASH
@ 2000-09-30 12:29   ` Ed Hourigan
From: Ed Hourigan @ 2000-09-30 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Ok, thanks for trying.  I have found a work around.  If I press ALT-ENTER in
the 'bash' window and then ALT-TAB to resume full screen mode, it fixes my
problem.  Since you were unable to reproduce, I suspect a hardware issue.
Again, thanks.