* Re: Problems with Nano
@ 2003-06-22  8:50 fergus
From: fergus @ 2003-06-22  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: fergus

Did you know that nano-1.2.1 is now available at
http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v1.2/nano-1.2.1.tar.gz ? It installs
perfectly well into Cygwin using ./configure; make; make install. (There are
options.)
I have had the reported screen-refreshing problems in the past but not
lately.
A minor problem with regexp Search-and-Replace: if I try to add {string} to
the end of every line in a file using <Alt-r><Alt-r> (to get regexp mode)
Search $ Replace {string}then I just get repeated appends
{string}{string}{string}... at the current line and no sequential movement
to the next line. Any ideas?
Fergus

* Re: Problems with Nano
@ 2003-06-22 18:15     ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2003-06-22 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Jenkinson; +Cc: cygwin

Doug Jenkinson wrote:

> Gareth,
>

>>this sounds like you dont have the right CYGWIN environment variable
>>set.
>>Unless CYGWIN environment variable includes tty - ctrl-c and ctrl-x
>>will not
>>function in nano, and a few other programs.
>>

> What environment variable would be refering to?  I ran env and didn't
> see anything having to do with tty or nano.  But, maybe it is there
> since Ctrl+X works to exit.

He means the CYGWIN environment variable.  See:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>

Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: Problems with Nano
@ 2003-06-22 16:33   ` Doug Jenkinson
From: Doug Jenkinson @ 2003-06-22 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Gareth,

> this sounds like you dont have the right CYGWIN environment variable
> set.
> Unless CYGWIN environment variable includes tty - ctrl-c and ctrl-x
> will not
> function in nano, and a few other programs.

What environment variable would be refering to?  I ran env and didn't
see anything having to do with tty or nano.  But, maybe it is there
since Ctrl+X works to exit.
Doug Jenkinson

* Re: Problems with Nano
@ 2003-06-22  6:59 ` Gareth Pearce
From: Gareth Pearce @ 2003-06-22  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Jenkinson, cygwin

From: Doug Jenkinson @ 2003-06-22  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey everyone,
I've noticed a few items with nano and wanted to see if anyone else has
experienced this.  First up, the usual information:
OS: Win95
Cygwin DLL: 1.3.22-1
nano: 1.2.0-1
First issue: When pressing Ctrl+C, I'm not seeing the current position
displayed at the bottom of the screen.  Any thoughts?
Second issue: When I scroll up or down, sometimes text from on line
persists to on that line as I scroll.  Example, text on line 4 will
show up on the fourth line of the display, even if I scroll down
hundreds of lines.  It is still displayed, but not part of the
document, ie not saved only displayed.  Any thoughts.
I've tried reinstalling nano and both still occur.  Any thoughts would
be appreciated.
Doug Jenkinson