* Version numbering convention
@ 2001-03-13  7:30 *
From: * @ 2001-03-13  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello everybody,
I'm interested is there any common convention about version numbering and
naming correspondent tarball distributions.
For example `foo X.Y.Z' (fooX.Y-Z.tar.gz) or something like that. If there
is one used in CYGWIN project, then i want to use
the same approach while developing my own programs.

Thank you.

PS: i'm newcomer to cygwin/UNIX-like programming techniques, so can you
explain the phrase "patch level" also, please?

* Version numbering convention
@ 2001-03-15  7:18 *
From: * @ 2001-03-15  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin