* Re: 1.1.3: Problem launching rxvt
       [not found] <F638443C671D1049ADA0F79ED9B11999075005@NLDNC004PEX1.ubsgs.ubsgroup.net>
@ 2002-09-05  6:08 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2002-09-05  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David.Rosenberg, cygwin

David.Rosenberg@ubsw.com wrote:
> Max
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.

No problem - but please keep replies on list. That way, they will be in the
archives, and may prove helpful to others later.

> The DISPLAY environment variable was set on my machine to :0.0 - I
> have removed the variable and rebooted the PC

OK. If, for any reason, you find that you need this set, you can invoke rxvt as
'rxvt -d :0' to override the env-var.

> I am trying to launch rxvt from a DOS command window, and now I am
> not getting the error message but the terminal window seem to come up
> and disappear immediately (actually just flickers)

It sounds like the shell program that rxvt is launching is dieing immedietely.
The env-var to look at is SHELL, and the command line override is 'rxvt -e
/bin/bash' (and you probably want to make that 'rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i' to
make sure your startup files are processed.

Max.

* RE: 1.1.3: Problem launching rxvt
@ 2002-09-06  5:02 David.Rosenberg
From: David.Rosenberg @ 2002-09-06  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

that works - thanks

From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2002-09-05  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David.Rosenberg; +Cc: cygwin, maxb

--

@ 2002-09-05  6:38 David.Rosenberg
From: David.Rosenberg @ 2002-09-05  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxb, cygwin

Thank you very much for the advice it's now working fine

@ 2002-09-05  5:14 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2002-09-05  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David.Rosenberg, cygwin

David.Rosenberg@ubsw.com wrote:
> I have Cygwin 1.3.3 is installed on my PC.  When trying to launch
> rxvt.exe I get the following error message: "failed to load
> libX11.dll" and the terminal window is not coming up.

Make sure the DISPLAY environment variable is unset or set to ':0'.

Max.

* 1.1.3: Problem launching rxvt
@ 2002-09-05  5:09 David.Rosenberg
From: David.Rosenberg @ 2002-09-05  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi

I have Cygwin 1.3.3 is installed on my PC.  When trying to launch rxvt.exe I get the following error message: "failed to load libX11.dll" and the terminal window is not coming up.  Some of my colleagues have the same installation but they can get the terminal window using rxvt.

Following your advice, I have been searching through your documentation and web site but could not find anything similar

I would be very grateful if you could respond to this query.

Thanks
David

related financial instruments.