* Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-06 14:18 Christopher Dale Campbell
From: Christopher Dale Campbell @ 2001-05-06 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

* Re: Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-06 21:15 ` Christopher Dale Campbell
From: Christopher Dale Campbell @ 2001-05-06 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

> --

* Re: Entry point not found
       [not found] ` <9A48EF7239039B48834A3F6B644B0C715B4A34@vaff06-mail01.ad.gd -ais.com>
@ 2004-11-22 21:45   ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2004-11-22 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Crescioli, Phil, cygwin

At 04:23 PM 11/22/2004, you wrote:
>All,
>
>I'm running cygwin on my win 2000 PC and
>I keep getting the following pop-up error when compiling a bunch of C++
>code
>that I know other people compile fine on their cygwin/win 2000 machines.
>
>Cc1plus.exe - Entry point not found
>             The procedure entry point putc_unlocked could not be locked
>in
>             the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.
>
>Any one seen this?

You have more than 1 'cygwin1.dll' on your system or you did not reboot after
your last install with 'setup.exe' when you were told to.

Holliston, MA 01746

* Entry point not found
@ 2004-11-22 21:22 Crescioli, Phil
       [not found] ` <9A48EF7239039B48834A3F6B644B0C715B4A34@vaff06-mail01.ad.gd -ais.com>
From: Crescioli, Phil @ 2004-11-22 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

All,

I'm running cygwin on my win 2000 PC and
I keep getting the following pop-up error when compiling a bunch of C++
code
that I know other people compile fine on their cygwin/win 2000 machines.

Cc1plus.exe - Entry point not found
             The procedure entry point putc_unlocked could not be locked
in
             the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

Any one seen this?

Thanks,

Phil Crescioli
Software Engineer
GENERAL DYNAMICS
Advanced Information Systems
Phil.Crescioli@gd-ais.com

* Re: Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-11  9:27   ` Christopher Dale Campbell
From: Christopher Dale Campbell @ 2001-05-11  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bowman; +Cc: Cygwin

* Re: Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-11  7:07 ` bowman
From: bowman @ 2001-05-11  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Christopher Dale Campbell

From: "Christopher Dale Campbell" <DaleCampbell@revolutionist.com>

> Both versions, as well as any programs (compiled by me or not) work
> just fine.  Could this be a problem with only Windows2000 (or NT)?

What are your security settings on the cygwin directories? You might want to
grant r/w to Everyone recursively for the whole tree. Also, watch for any
/tmp or other directories. In many cases, C:\ directories will default out
to Everyone, but on other drives, the directory is owned by the creator, and
not other users have write permissions.

Win2000 has tightened the security up; my gut feeling is a PowerUser on 2000
== a User on NT4.0, and a User on 2000 is lucky to be able to log on and
read anything.

There are also issues with Users accessing raw sockets that I have not been
able to resolve on 2000; there was a registry hack on NT, but it doesn't do
the trick on 2000.

You can also modify the security profiles, but you need to know what you are
doing. Also, if you are on a LAN, in many cases the Domain security profile
will override anything you try to do on the local machine.

Good luck. We aren't using cygwin, but the NutCracker (DataFocus) / SCO
XVision tools, and the migration from NT4.0 to 2000 has been, er,
interesting so far.

* Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-11  6:05 Christopher Dale Campbell
From: Christopher Dale Campbell @ 2001-05-11  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

* Re: Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-08  6:56     ` Christopher Dale Campbell
From: Christopher Dale Campbell @ 2001-05-08  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I used setup.exe to reinstall the dll.  I don't use cygwin-1.3.1
because of a lockup problem with Windows2000.  I'll try reinstalling
it again.

From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-05-08  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Dale Campbell; +Cc: Cygwin

I believe Rob's explanation was backward.  IMO you're linking with a
older import library than the dll.  You need to install the
cygwin-inst-YYYYMMDD.tar.bz2 and not just the dll if you plan to be
building applications.  We (those that work on the cygwin api) keep the
cygwin1.dll backward compatible only with the already linked
executable.  However, the same isn't true for objects and libraries of
objects.  You'll need copies of those objects built with the new
interfaces.

Earnie.

Christopher Dale Campbell wrote:

> I searched my entire harddrive and I've only got one copy of
> cygwin1.dll which is located in d:\cygwin\bin.  And I've already
> tried to reinstall cygwin 1.1.8-2.

* Re: Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-08  5:08 ` Christopher Dale Campbell
From: Christopher Dale Campbell @ 2001-05-08  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I searched my entire harddrive and I've only got one copy of
cygwin1.dll which is located in d:\cygwin\bin.  And I've already
tried to reinstall cygwin 1.1.8-2.

Delete your duplicate copy of cygwin1.dll

You are linking with a newer import library than the dll thats
in-memory.

Rob

* RE: Entry Point Not Found
@ 2001-05-06 21:20 Robert Collins