* Ispell hash-table truncate error
@ 1998-08-03  9:05 Blacky Stardust
From: Blacky Stardust @ 1998-08-03  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I have compiled Ispell with cygwin32, but when I try to use any hash-table I get an error
saying that it can only read the first 120 bytes

Can somebody help me with this problem

thanx in advance, Blacky Stardust

-

* Re: Ispell hash-table truncate error
@ 1998-08-04 11:56 Pierre A. Humblet
From: Pierre A. Humblet @ 1998-08-04 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

At 06:06 PM 8/3/98 +0200, you wrote:

>I have compiled Ispell with cygwin32, but when I try to use any hash-table
I get an error
>saying that it can only read the first 120 bytes
>
>Can somebody help me with this problem
>
>thanx in advance, Blacky Stardust

The problem occurs because your partition is mounted as text and by default
ispell doesn't do an explicit binary open of the hash file.
A version of ispell where this problem is taken care of is available
on ftp.franken.de
in /pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A
as ispell.tar.gz

Pierre

-