* Setup: A suggestion
@ 2003-02-07 16:59 Jim Drash
From: Jim Drash @ 2003-02-07 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The setup program fits my needs well over 90% of the time.  I would like
to make one suggestion to add a view that would combine the Partial view
plus any packages currently "Skipped".  This would give us a single view
to see all currently installed programs that have updates available and
any "new" packages.  One might call this the "Installable" view.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this (pro or con)?

jim drash

* Re: Setup: A suggestion
@ 2003-02-07 17:06 ` Stephen Ford
From: Stephen Ford @ 2003-02-07 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Drash, cygwin

Jim
Good idea.

I found Setup a real pain to understand, but once run several times, I found
that  it does the job very well.

I would ask for -:

A Help button or a readme to say what it does ( what are the radio buttons
for?)
Something to say what on earth 'default' means!
A resizeable window - it's far too small.

Regards
Stephen Ford

* Re: Setup: A suggestion
@ 2003-02-07 19:23 ` Jeffery B. Rancier
From: Jeffery B. Rancier @ 2003-02-07 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    > The setup program fits my needs well over 90% of the time.  I would like
    > to make one suggestion to add a view that would combine the Partial view
    > plus any packages currently "Skipped".  This would give us a single view
    > to see all currently installed programs that have updates available and
    > any "new" packages.  One might call this the "Installable" view.

While you're at it, what about the abilty to maximize the setup screen
so I can see more than a handleful of entries?

Jeff
,----
| Jeffery B. Rancier
|
| Softechnics
| a METTLER TOLEDO company
`----

* RE: Setup: A suggestion
@ 2003-02-08  8:36   ` Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2003-02-08  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[snip]

> A resizeable window - it's far too small.

A patch to make the chooser window larger (though not resizable) is awaiting
approval/committal.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.