* setup.exe command line parameters
@ 2008-06-20 19:54 Ralph Hempel
From: Ralph Hempel @ 2008-06-20 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

With all of the talk about setup package selection and
install procedures, I have a little story.

One of the things I do for fun is write replacement firmware for
the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT - specifically pbLua. I needed an easy way
to build the ARM7 cross compiler, and to locate and program the
NXT via libusb.

More importantly, I needed to share how to build it, which I have
not yet done.

Long story short, I ended up using a hacked older version of setup.exe
that accepted a -p parameter and a list of packages. It worked great!

Is there a compelling reason why that patch can't be applied to the
current setup and released? Are there security or stability issues
I'm not thinking about?

That being said, I CAN run setup.exe in unattended quiet mode and
get a BASE cygwin install done, and I'm quite happy with that. But
I'd really, really like to specify packages on the command line.

Can I help by offering to update the patch to the current setup?

Ralph