* Re: Downloading just user tools?
@ 2000-05-08 14:58 Robert McNulty Junior
From: Robert McNulty Junior @ 2000-05-08 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie, rich, cygwin

That's what got me into trouble, Dj.
Robert Mcnulty Junior
Rich, use one of DJ's methods.

-----Original Message-----
From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>
To: rich@merl.com <rich@merl.com>; cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
<cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Date: Monday, May 08, 2000 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: Downloading just user tools?

@ 2000-05-08 14:09   ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-05-08 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rich, cygwin

@ 2000-05-08 13:48 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-05-08 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rich; +Cc: cygwin

> Hi!  How can one download just the user tools of the newest release of
> Cygwin (as used to be supported by usertools.exe)?  There only appears
> to be a setup.exe currently, which the full release including gcc, etc.

Download the individual .tar.gz files for the packages you want, and
untar them into a single directory.  If you need a tar program, get
bootstrap.zip and unzip it.

Setup.exe is new, and relatively "immature".  It does one job, which
is to install everything, and we're more concerned with making it do
that reliably at the moment (but feel free to work on other features
if you want to!) but eventually it will grow to be more feature-rich.

* Re: Downloading just user tools?
@ 2000-05-08 13:48 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-05-08 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rich, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com; +Cc: rich

At 04:38 PM 5/8/00, Charles Rich wrote:
>Hi!  How can one download just the user tools of the newest release of
>Cygwin (as used to be supported by usertools.exe)?  There only appears
>to be a setup.exe currently, which the full release including gcc, etc.
>
>I looked all over the home pages and faq's but could not find the
>answer.
>
>Thanks,
>--
>     Charles Rich     |    Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory (MERL)
>  617-621-7507 phone  |                   201 Broadway
>  617-621-7550 fax    |                Cambridge, MA 02139
>     rich@merl.com    |                http://www.merl.com
>
>--

If I'm not mistaken, every package that was part of "usertools" in the B20.x
distribution is available in a subdirectory of the current in the install
program (setup.exe).  Just download the ones you like/want.

                                        (508) 560-1285 - cell phone

* Downloading just user tools?
@ 2000-05-08 13:38 Charles Rich