* automake and autoconf
@ 2000-01-27  5:47 John Huddleston
From: John Huddleston @ 2000-01-27  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

To Cygwin group,

I just finished putting together another box from scratch
to support the Cygwin tools.  Two of the software packages
that do not come with the standard (B20.1) distribution
are automake and autoconf.

I there a possibility that these two could be included in
the next Build?  (i.e. B22 or Cygwin 1.0?)

John Huddleston

* Re: automake and autoconf
@ 2000-01-27  9:43 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-01-27  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Huddleston; +Cc: cygwin

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 06:46:54PM -0700, John Huddleston wrote:
>I just finished putting together another box from scratch
>to support the Cygwin tools.  Two of the software packages
>that do not come with the standard (B20.1) distribution
>are automake and autoconf.
>
>I there a possibility that these two could be included in
>the next Build?  (i.e. B22 or Cygwin 1.0?)

Sorry.  We have no plans on adding additional packages to the next net
release except that we may include a "man" or "info" reader.

cgf

* Off Topic, but no idea where to ask.
@ 2000-01-27 10:15   ` David Whitten
From: David Whitten @ 2000-01-27 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I apologize for an off topic question,
but I'm not sure where to ask.

I'm on a development team for an open source project (
http://gump.sourceforge.net ) and the existing code needs to be changed
so configure and its friends (automake and autoconf) can increase its
portability.

Is there a web-page, mailing list, archives, newsgroup, or some
other resource that tells how to do this? With examples, procedures,
checklists, etc?

Thank you,
David

* Re: automake and autoconf
@ 2000-01-27 12:39   ` John Huddleston
From: John Huddleston @ 2000-01-27 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks Chris.  It's OK, I know how to build and install
them (done it enough!).  It's just that it would have been
nice.

John

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 06:46:54PM -0700, John Huddleston wrote:
> >I just finished putting together another box from scratch
> >to support the Cygwin tools.  Two of the software packages
> >that do not come with the standard (B20.1) distribution
> >are automake and autoconf.
> >
> >I there a possibility that these two could be included in
> >the next Build?  (i.e. B22 or Cygwin 1.0?)
>
> Sorry.  We have no plans on adding additional packages to the next net
> release except that we may include a "man" or "info" reader.
>
> cgf

* Re: automake and autoconf
@ 2000-01-27 15:19 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 2000-01-27 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jhuddles; +Cc: cygwin

> It's OK, I know how to build and install
 them (done it enough!).  It's just that it would have been
 nice.

Here I am right now trying to fix a broken installation involving autoconf.

Tim
tprince@computer.org