* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 16:47 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

->Concerning the Ksh, it is actually pretty important that I get this one
>working today.  Corinna has suggested that I may have my Cygwin package
>installed improperly, but I do not think this is the case:

The Korn Shell documents are at:

http://www.kornshell.com/

Perhaps this will help

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

Interesting. I do all my ftps from windows and have never had a problem. I
do use a GUI ftp client most of the time, however, not the command line one.
I have successfully used the command line one from the inet utils, however,
and it does work from bash. I also use it from inside XEmacs on NT.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
       [not found] ` < 00a601be6dbd$9f27e130$41cd78cf@hunda >
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

>Have you tried the ftp from inet utils port? I generally use that in place
>of the NT one.

No I have not and I do not need either NT ftp nor inet utils port of ftp.
If I have to ftp something from command line I just swing my chair and ftp
from my UNIX box (an other machine).   Personally I had bad experiences with
any ftp program on NT or Win95/98, particularly if I was downloading a big
archive.  Wins often messed it up. Therefoe, I prefer not ftp from any
Windows machine, except a few small download via web browsers.

--SMS

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
       [not found] ` < fcecd814.36eb1253@aol.com >
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ssiddiqi, rrankin; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

---"Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com> wrote:

> I think you should not use autoexe.bat and consig.sys on Win NT.
Are you
> Win NT or Win 95/98?
>
> If you are on NT do not include Cygwin to PATH.  Best start Cygwin by
> Cygnus.bat and do not add WinNT or Windows to PATH in Cygnus.bat.
--8<--

It is perfectly legal and fine to add the cygwin path to the dos/win
PATH variable.  In this instance I add the cygwin path last knowing
that my .bashrc file will change PATH to the correct values for the
cygwin product when in the BASH shell.  There are many times when I'm
in the DOS shell that I want to use the tools of cygwin without having
to switch shells.

==
-                        \\||//

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: cygwin

I think let this thread die now!
We are talking too much unrelated stuff!!!

Thanks

Suhaib

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin; +Cc: cygwin

-

>But are there really enough command name conflicts to justify all that? I
>haven't really checked, but the only one I'm really aware of is find, and
>the windows find command is pretty useless anyway.

After a little back and forth writing you are basically syaing the same
thing
*Windows find is useless.*

If you have Windows Nt UNIX option pack installed then there are a whole lot
of conflicts if you add Cygwin to your WinNT path.

>Personally, I am
>perfectly happy putting the cygwin bin in my path ahead of windows or
winnt,
>but if there are other name clashes, perhaps another method is warranted.

If I rememebr correctly, a while ago, some user wrote he deleted cmd.exe and
replaced is by bash.exe.  I think it is all personal preferences what you
like to see, do and are used to of.

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin users

---N8TM@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/13/99 5:23:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com writes:
>
> > If I rememebr correctly, a while ago, some user wrote he deleted
cmd.exe and
> >  replaced is by bash.exe.
> The ftp program under NT won't run under bash.  Otherwise, I have no
use for
> cmd.exe.

I use the NT ftp program under BASH.  I have notty set though as that
is what you need to have set to communicate with non-cygwin programs.

==
-                        \\||//

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin; +Cc: cygwin

>True, but from what I've seen, even those commands don't generally have
>nearly the functionality of the GNU equivalents. Please understand that I'm
>not just trying to be contrary. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not
missing
>something.

Sorry, I am not contradicting you.  I mention in my previous message(s) that
every one has his own preferences.  I do not like to rename or delete
anything from one system (or program).  I prefer to avoid conflicts if I
notice any therefore I took the two batch files approach as I wrote
previously.

I do not think you are missing anything, you have your prefrences and I have
mine.  Your configuration works for you and I am not against it.  I am
simply stating what I have, in response to David's message that he had some
problems.

I agree those functionalities (UNIX option pack) are no where close to GNU
packages.  However, if you get it free then why not use it.

--SMS

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM, rrankin; +Cc: cygwin

Thanks.
No, I did not deleted it :-)
I prefer to keep all the NT and Cygwin stuff, but separated.

I have another use of cmd.exe.  Under my configuration, MS Dev Studio nmake
works better under cmd.exe and created problems under bash.  That is because
I keep WinNT and Cygwin stuff separate.

--SMS

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

>Interesting. I do all my ftps from windows and have never had a problem. I
>do use a GUI ftp client most of the time, however, not the command line
one.
>I have successfully used the command line one from the inet utils, however,
>and it does work from bash. I also use it from inside XEmacs on NT.

As i stated before, it is all personal preferences and experiecnes.  I often
have to download over 80 MB archives.  I had bad experiences with Windows
ftp software.
I am not  a fan of Xemacs and Emacs anyway -- personal prefernces again --
right?

Suhaib

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` David's Lightspeed Email
From: David's Lightspeed Email @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

                                    March 1st, 1999
I'm running 95.
I have to learn NT by next week:-).

                                     David L. Painter
                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
                                     fax:(559) 292-0410

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, cygwin

>> If you are on NT do not include Cygwin to PATH.  Best start Cygwin by
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Why not? I have it in my path because I want to be able to run cygwin
>commands from bash or from cmd.exe.

For one big reason, except to avoid conflicts with the executable which have
same name on NT.

From: David's Lightspeed Email @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, cygwin

                                    March 13th, 1999

I have added the Cygwin path to my Autoexec.bat PATH variable.
This way, I can can find the Cygwin tools regardless of location.
Normally, though, I do start Cygwin by using Cygwin.bat,
but all this really does anyways is launch a SH shell, right?

                                     David L. Painter
                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
                                     fax:(559) 292-0410
From: Greg Miller @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Rick Rankin wrote:

> > If you are on NT do not include Cygwin to PATH.  Best start Cygwin by
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Why not? I have it in my path because I want to be able to run cygwin
> commands from bash or from cmd.exe.

Same here. I pretty much never use bash or cmd.exe, I run Win32, DOS,
and cygwin apps from 4NT
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
President Clinton was acquitted; then again, so was O. J. Simpson.

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, cygwin

>> If you are on NT do not include Cygwin to PATH.  Best start Cygwin by
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Why not? I have it in my path because I want to be able to run cygwin
>commands from bash or from cmd.exe.

I can also run cygwin commands from cmd.exe.  For this purpose, I created
another batch file, called cygnus-dos.bat and replashed the *bash* with
*cmd*  If I start NT cmd.exe using this my *cygnus-dos.bat* file, I can use
all of my cygwin commands from cmd.exe prompt, and stll do not get any
conflicts.

--SMS

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
       [not found] ` < 004e01be6db3$72945590$41cd78cf@hunda >
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi

>All right, thanks everyone for the feedback.  Yes, the problem with "find"
>was just that my path found the dos version first.  Following, Henry's
>suggesion, I changed this to gfind, and this has fixed the problem
>
>As regards job control, please disregard my previous message.  The BASH
>shell "fg", "bg" and "jobs" commands all seem to work fine, and I have no
>complaints except that my Ctrl-Z suspension doesn't work.
>
>Concerning the Ksh, it is actually pretty important that I get this one
>working today.  Corinna has suggested that I may have my Cygwin package
>installed improperly, but I do not think this is the case:
>
>    *The Cygwin directory is "cygwin" from the root.
>    *I've kept the original directory structure intact(yes, even the
>"H-i586-cygwin32" ones)
>    *The sh.exe and cygwin1.dll files have been copied to the "/bin"
>directory.
>    *My autoexec.bat file includes the Cygwin Binary
>directory(C:\cygwin\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\) in the path.
>        (I just found out yesterday that using %PATH% in this file can
cause
>some major memory problems. . . Does anyone else know more about this?}
>    *Autoexec.bat also adds the following line:"set TERM=CYGWIN"
>    *The config.sys file has the following line: "SHELL=C:\command.com
>/e:4096 /p"
>
>I added the config.sys line, due to the "out of environment space" error
>message.
>Should the SHELL variable here be /bin/sh.exe instead?
>
>I also have to learn NT and MS SQL in the next week before I start work.
>Wish me luck.
>
>Peace to you all.
>
>                                     David L. Painter
>                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
>                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
>                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
>                                     fax:(559) 292-0410
>

>--

* RE: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, cygwin

From: N8TM @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ssiddiqi, dpainter, cygwin

In a message dated 3/13/99 5:25:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com writes:

> Even on Win95, I will not suggest adding Cygwin to autoexec.bat.  Start
>  Cygwin using cygnus.bat.
>
>  I know a few users disagree.
I used to keep a cygcmd.bat which worked like cygnus.bat but used cmd.exe for
the shell.  There's no reason to do this any longer.  I'm liking this 19990308
snapshot binary install better than any of the previous versions, running
under W95/OSR25/USB.  I still had to install autoconf-2.13, and, out of habit,
make-3.77.

  BTW, I was very careful not to let any of the M$ installs put IE4 on, after
formatting the DOS partition, but the new AOL CD makes their special version
IE4.01 a mandatory part of the installation.  I see no bad effects from it, no
conflicts with Netscape 4.08 or anything else.

From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

>I'm running 95.
>I have to learn NT by next week:-).

Even on Win95, I will not suggest adding Cygwin to autoexec.bat.  Start
Cygwin using cygnus.bat.

I know a few users disagree.

>                                     David L. Painter
>                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
>                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
>                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
>                                     fax:(559) 292-0410

* RE: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM, Ssiddiqi; +Cc: cygwin

From: David's Lightspeed Email @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-03-15 13:20     ` Greg Miller
From: Greg Miller @ 1999-03-15 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 20:42 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-03-13 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM; +Cc: cygwin users

@ 1999-03-13 20:32 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-03-13 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 18:30 David's Lightspeed Email

>Even on Win95, I will not suggest adding Cygwin to autoexec.bat.  Start
>Cygwin using cygnus.bat.
>
>I know a few users disagree.
>

>>                                     David L. Painter
>>                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
>>                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
>>                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
>>                                     fax:(559) 292-0410

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 18:16 Suhaib M. Siddiqi

>>Interesting. I do all my ftps from windows and have never had a problem. I
>>do use a GUI ftp client most of the time, however, not the command line
>one.
>>I have successfully used the command line one from the inet utils,
however,
>>and it does work from bash. I also use it from inside XEmacs on NT.
>>

>As i stated before, it is all personal preferences and experiecnes.  I
often
>have to download over 80 MB archives.  I had bad experiences with Windows
>ftp software.
>I am not  a fan of Xemacs and Emacs anyway -- personal prefernces again --
>right?
>
>Suhaib
>
>>Rick
>>--
>>Rick Rankin
>>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 18:15 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 18:08   ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-13 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

Interesting. I do all my ftps from windows and have never had a problem. I
do use a GUI ftp client most of the time, however, not the command line one.
I have successfully used the command line one from the inet utils, however,
and it does work from bash. I also use it from inside XEmacs on NT.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:54 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
       [not found] ` < 00a601be6dbd$9f27e130$41cd78cf@hunda >
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, N8TM; +Cc: cygwin

>Have you tried the ftp from inet utils port? I generally use that in place
>of the NT one.

No I have not and I do not need either NT ftp nor inet utils port of ftp.
If I have to ftp something from command line I just swing my chair and ftp
from my UNIX box (an other machine).   Personally I had bad experiences with
any ftp program on NT or Win95/98, particularly if I was downloading a big
archive.  Wins often messed it up. Therefoe, I prefer not ftp from any
Windows machine, except a few small download via web browsers.

--SMS

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:48 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin; +Cc: cygwin

>True, but from what I've seen, even those commands don't generally have
>nearly the functionality of the GNU equivalents. Please understand that I'm
>not just trying to be contrary. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not
missing
>something.

Sorry, I am not contradicting you.  I mention in my previous message(s) that
every one has his own preferences.  I do not like to rename or delete
anything from one system (or program).  I prefer to avoid conflicts if I
notice any therefore I took the two batch files approach as I wrote
previously.

I do not think you are missing anything, you have your prefrences and I have
mine.  Your configuration works for you and I am not against it.  I am
simply stating what I have, in response to David's message that he had some
problems.

I agree those functionalities (UNIX option pack) are no where close to GNU
packages.  However, if you get it free then why not use it.

--SMS

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:44 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-03-13 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ssiddiqi, dpainter, cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 17:44   ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-13 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM, Ssiddiqi; +Cc: cygwin

Have you tried the ftp from inet utils port? I generally use that in place
of the NT one.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:40 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N8TM, rrankin; +Cc: cygwin

Thanks.
No, I did not deleted it :-)
I prefer to keep all the NT and Cygwin stuff, but separated.

I have another use of cmd.exe.  Under my configuration, MS Dev Studio nmake
works better under cmd.exe and created problems under bash.  That is because
I keep WinNT and Cygwin stuff separate.

--SMS

>In a message dated 3/13/99 5:23:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com writes:
>
>> If I rememebr correctly, a while ago, some user wrote he deleted cmd.exe
and
>>  replaced is by bash.exe.
>The ftp program under NT won't run under bash.  Otherwise, I have no use
for
>cmd.exe.
>
>--

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:36 N8TM
       [not found] ` < fcecd814.36eb1253@aol.com >
From: N8TM @ 1999-03-13 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ssiddiqi, rrankin; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 17:24 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

>I'm running 95.
>I have to learn NT by next week:-).

Even on Win95, I will not suggest adding Cygwin to autoexec.bat.  Start
Cygwin using cygnus.bat.

I know a few users disagree.

>                                     David L. Painter
>                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
>                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
>                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
>                                     fax:(559) 292-0410

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:22 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin; +Cc: cygwin

-

>But are there really enough command name conflicts to justify all that? I
>haven't really checked, but the only one I'm really aware of is find, and
>the windows find command is pretty useless anyway.

After a little back and forth writing you are basically syaing the same
thing
*Windows find is useless.*

If you have Windows Nt UNIX option pack installed then there are a whole lot
of conflicts if you add Cygwin to your WinNT path.

>Personally, I am
>perfectly happy putting the cygwin bin in my path ahead of windows or
winnt,
>but if there are other name clashes, perhaps another method is warranted.

If I rememebr correctly, a while ago, some user wrote he deleted cmd.exe and
replaced is by bash.exe.  I think it is all personal preferences what you
like to see, do and are used to of.

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:15 David's Lightspeed Email
From: David's Lightspeed Email @ 1999-03-13 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

                                    March 1st, 1999
I'm running 95.
I have to learn NT by next week:-).

                                     David L. Painter
                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
                                     fax:(559) 292-0410
>I think you should not use autoexe.bat and consig.sys on Win NT.  Are you
>Win NT or Win 95/98?
>
>If you are on NT do not include Cygwin to PATH.  Best start Cygwin by
>Cygnus.bat and do not add WinNT or Windows to PATH in Cygnus.bat.
>
>--

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 17:00 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, cygwin

>> If you are on NT do not include Cygwin to PATH.  Best start Cygwin by
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Why not? I have it in my path because I want to be able to run cygwin
>commands from bash or from cmd.exe.

I can also run cygwin commands from cmd.exe.  For this purpose, I created
another batch file, called cygnus-dos.bat and replashed the *bash* with
*cmd*  If I start NT cmd.exe using this my *cygnus-dos.bat* file, I can use
all of my cygwin commands from cmd.exe prompt, and stll do not get any
conflicts.

--SMS

>Rick
>--
>Rick Rankin
>rrankin@primenet.com

* Re: find, ksh, and job control
@ 1999-03-13 16:56 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin, cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 16:54   ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-13 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, cygwin

@ 1999-03-13 16:41 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
       [not found] ` < 004e01be6db3$72945590$41cd78cf@hunda >

>All right, thanks everyone for the feedback.  Yes, the problem with "find"
>was just that my path found the dos version first.  Following, Henry's
>suggesion, I changed this to gfind, and this has fixed the problem
>
>As regards job control, please disregard my previous message.  The BASH
>shell "fg", "bg" and "jobs" commands all seem to work fine, and I have no
>complaints except that my Ctrl-Z suspension doesn't work.
>
>Concerning the Ksh, it is actually pretty important that I get this one
>working today.  Corinna has suggested that I may have my Cygwin package
>installed improperly, but I do not think this is the case:
>
>    *The Cygwin directory is "cygwin" from the root.
>    *I've kept the original directory structure intact(yes, even the
>"H-i586-cygwin32" ones)
>    *The sh.exe and cygwin1.dll files have been copied to the "/bin"
>directory.
>    *My autoexec.bat file includes the Cygwin Binary
>directory(C:\cygwin\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\) in the path.
>        (I just found out yesterday that using %PATH% in this file can
cause
>some major memory problems. . . Does anyone else know more about this?}
>    *Autoexec.bat also adds the following line:"set TERM=CYGWIN"
>    *The config.sys file has the following line: "SHELL=C:\command.com
>/e:4096 /p"
>
>I added the config.sys line, due to the "out of environment space" error
>message.
>Should the SHELL variable here be /bin/sh.exe instead?
>
>I also have to learn NT and MS SQL in the next week before I start work.
>Wish me luck.
>
>Peace to you all.
>
>                                     David L. Painter
>                                     dpainter@prontomail.com