* make problem
@ 2000-06-01  6:31 Stuart Yoder
From: Stuart Yoder @ 2000-06-01  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've been using an installation of cygwin (cygwin20.1b) without
problems.  make command is version 3.75.

I recently downloaded the most recent cygwin binaries including
make (version 3.77) and now make fails with any makefile
containing carriage return and line feeds.  If I delete the carriage
returns from the makefile it works fine.

Am I missing some kind of setup parameter?

I've tried both unix and win32 for MAKE_MODE.

Stuart
syoder@chicorysystems.com

* RE: Make Problem
@ 2006-03-16 15:27 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-03-16 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 16 March 2006 09:28, Deepa Mahajan wrote:

> When I try to execute the make command. I get the following errors
>
> $ make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Deepa/
> gcc -o ../bin/m1210.exe m1210.o Deepa.a -lm -lc -lz  -ltcl -ltk
> fu000001.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
> fu000002.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
> fu000003.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
> fu000004.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
> fu000005.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
> fu000006.o:: more undefined references to `_libc_iname' follow
> Info: resolving __impure_ptr by linking to __imp___impure_ptr (auto-import)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [../bin/m1210.exe] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Deepa/'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> ANyone know how i can resolve them?
>
> Deepa

  My guess is that Deepa.a contains linux .obj files?  Cygwin is only
source-compatible, not binary, you need to recompile whatever sources that
archive was generated from.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Make Problem
@ 2006-03-16  9:28 Deepa Mahajan
From: Deepa Mahajan @ 2006-03-16  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I try to execute the make command. I get the following errors

$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Deepa/
gcc -o ../bin/m1210.exe m1210.o Deepa.a -lm -lc -lz  -ltcl -ltk
fu000001.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
fu000002.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
fu000003.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
fu000004.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
fu000005.o:: undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
fu000006.o:: more undefined references to `_libc_iname' follow
Info: resolving __impure_ptr by linking to __imp___impure_ptr (auto-import)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../bin/m1210.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Deepa/'
make: *** [all] Error 2

ANyone know how i can resolve them?

Deepa

* Re: make problem
@ 2000-06-01  6:39 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-06-01  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuart Yoder, cygwin

--- Stuart Yoder <syoder@chicorysystems.com> wrote:
> I've been using an installation of cygwin (cygwin20.1b) without
> problems.  make command is version 3.75.
>
> I recently downloaded the most recent cygwin binaries including
> make (version 3.77) and now make fails with any makefile
> containing carriage return and line feeds.  If I delete the carriage
> returns from the makefile it works fine.
>
> Am I missing some kind of setup parameter?
>
> I've tried both unix and win32 for MAKE_MODE.

The problem is a buggy 1.1.1 version.  Go get the 20000525 snapshot and install
it.  Use the cygwin-inst tarball to update your libraries and include files.

BTW, the 0526 and 0527 snapshots have a different problem.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Re: Make problem
       [not found]     ` <200002292217.OAA03331@cygnus.com>
@ 2000-02-29 14:33       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-29 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 02:19:21PM -0800, Charlie Hand wrote:
>The result is the same for:
>
>MAKE_MODE=UNIX
>SHELL=bash
>target::
>	ls
>
>or
>
>SHELL=bash
>target::
>	ls
>
>The only way to run simple commands such as "ls" or "echo hello"
>was to delete SHELL=bash.

You can't set the variable inside the makefile (although this is an
interesting idea).  MAKE_MODE is an environment variable.  It has
to be set before you run make.

Alternatively, you can type: "make --unix".

cgf

* Re: Make problem
@ 2000-02-29 14:17     ` Charlie Hand
       [not found]     ` <200002292217.OAA03331@cygnus.com>
From: Charlie Hand @ 2000-02-29 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> At 10:16 AM 2/29/00 -0800, Charlie Hand wrote:
> >> I'm running bash 2.06 on Windows98.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to learn how to use make in this environment.
> >>
> >> Every time make tries to execute a command, it says:
> >> /c: /c: No such file or directory
> >>
> >> It gives this same message regardless of the command.
> >>
> >> For example, for the following small makefile:
> >>
> >> SHELL = bash
> >> ProjectX::
> >> 	echo hello
> >>
> >> The output is:
> >>
> >> "C:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe"-2.02$ make
> >> echo hello
> >> /c: /c: No such file or directory
> >> make: *** [ProjectX] Error 127
> >>
> >> I can run the command "echo hello" at the bash prompt, and it runs
> >> correctly. In general, I can run commands in the shell, and never
> >> have any problems, nor do I ever see this "/c: /c:" thing.
> >>
> >> I've tried the --win32 switch, and it doesn't make any difference.
> >
> >I removed the SHELL=bash assignment, and it works correctly. It
> >even appears to be running commands in bash.
> >

> This is  what is happening, Charlie. You are running Cygnus make in its
> win32 mode. In this mode, make uses the DOS command shell switch /c to
> launch commands. However, you then tell make to use bash as the SHELL. In
> win32 mode, make does know anything about Unix shells. So it continues to
> use /c as the command switch even though it is now using unknowingly a Unix
> shell. Thus, in effect with your little make file, make is doing
>
> bash /c "echo hello"
>
> Now, if you don't believe me, fire up bash in Emacs and enter
>
> bash -c "echo hello"
>
> and then
>
> bash /c "echo hello"
>
> and observe the output of make in each case. You will note that in the
> latter case the error message is exactly the one you are getting. If you
> want to use bash as your make shell, you have to run make in Unix mode,
> which you do by setting the Cygnus environment variable MAKE_MODE to Unix.
> This BTW is in the FAQ item that I posted in response to your plea for any
> information on the Cygnus version of make and that you then cavalierly
> dismissed as obvious.

The result is the same for:

MAKE_MODE=UNIX
SHELL=bash
target::
	ls

or

SHELL=bash
target::
	ls

The only way to run simple commands such as "ls" or "echo hello"
was to delete SHELL=bash.

-Charlie

* Re: Make problem
       [not found] ` <200002291816.NAA15176@smtp.mathworks.com>
@ 2000-02-29 11:54   ` Paul Kinnucan
       [not found]     ` <200002292217.OAA03331@cygnus.com>
From: Paul Kinnucan @ 2000-02-29 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: charlie, cygwin

At 10:16 AM 2/29/00 -0800, Charlie Hand wrote:
>> I'm running bash 2.06 on Windows98.
>>
>> I'm trying to learn how to use make in this environment.
>>
>> Every time make tries to execute a command, it says:
>> /c: /c: No such file or directory
>>
>> It gives this same message regardless of the command.
>>
>> For example, for the following small makefile:
>>
>> SHELL = bash
>> ProjectX::
>> 	echo hello
>>
>> The output is:
>>
>> "C:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe"-2.02$ make
>> echo hello
>> /c: /c: No such file or directory
>> make: *** [ProjectX] Error 127
>>
>> I can run the command "echo hello" at the bash prompt, and it runs
>> correctly. In general, I can run commands in the shell, and never
>> have any problems, nor do I ever see this "/c: /c:" thing.
>>
>> I've tried the --win32 switch, and it doesn't make any difference.
>
>I removed the SHELL=bash assignment, and it works correctly. It
>even appears to be running commands in bash.

This is  what is happening, Charlie. You are running Cygnus make in its
win32 mode. In this mode, make uses the DOS command shell switch /c to
launch commands. However, you then tell make to use bash as the SHELL. In
win32 mode, make does know anything about Unix shells. So it continues to
use /c as the command switch even though it is now using unknowingly a Unix
shell. Thus, in effect with your little make file, make is doing

bash /c "echo hello"

Now, if you don't believe me, fire up bash in Emacs and enter

bash -c "echo hello"

and then

bash /c "echo hello"

and observe the output of make in each case. You will note that in the
latter case the error message is exactly the one you are getting. If you
want to use bash as your make shell, you have to run make in Unix mode,
which you do by setting the Cygnus environment variable MAKE_MODE to Unix.
This BTW is in the FAQ item that I posted in response to your plea for any
information on the Cygnus version of make and that you then cavalierly
dismissed as obvious.

- Paul

* Re: Make problem
       [not found] <200002280744.XAA10334@shell.tsoft.com>
@ 2000-02-29 10:14 ` Claire Hand
       [not found] ` <200002291816.NAA15176@smtp.mathworks.com>
From: Claire Hand @ 2000-02-29 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I'm running bash 2.06 on Windows98.
>
> I'm trying to learn how to use make in this environment.
>
> Every time make tries to execute a command, it says:
> /c: /c: No such file or directory
>
> It gives this same message regardless of the command.
>
> For example, for the following small makefile:
>
> SHELL = bash
> ProjectX::
>  echo hello
>
> The output is:
>
> "C:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe"-2.02$ make
> echo hello
> /c: /c: No such file or directory
> make: *** [ProjectX] Error 127
>
> I can run the command "echo hello" at the bash prompt, and it runs
> correctly. In general, I can run commands in the shell, and never have
> any problems, nor do I ever see this "/c: /c:" thing.
>
> I've tried the --win32 switch, and it doesn't make any difference.

Removing "SHELL=bash" corrected the problem.

@ 2000-02-29 10:14 ` Charlie Hand
       [not found] ` <200002291816.NAA15176@smtp.mathworks.com>
From: Charlie Hand @ 2000-02-29 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I'm running bash 2.06 on Windows98.
>
> I'm trying to learn how to use make in this environment.
>
> Every time make tries to execute a command, it says:
> /c: /c: No such file or directory
>
> It gives this same message regardless of the command.
>
> For example, for the following small makefile:
>
> SHELL = bash
> ProjectX::
> 	echo hello
>
> The output is:
>
> "C:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe"-2.02$ make
> echo hello
> /c: /c: No such file or directory
> make: *** [ProjectX] Error 127
>
> I can run the command "echo hello" at the bash prompt, and it runs
> correctly. In general, I can run commands in the shell, and never
> have any problems, nor do I ever see this "/c: /c:" thing.
>
> I've tried the --win32 switch, and it doesn't make any difference.

I removed the SHELL=bash assignment, and it works correctly. It
even appears to be running commands in bash.

-Charlie

* Make problem
@ 2000-02-27 23:44 Charlie Hand
From: Charlie Hand @ 2000-02-27 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

       [not found] ` < 3.0.5.32.19990314113425.0086a2b0@eco.utexas.edu >
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` David M. Drukker
From: David M. Drukker @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Greetings,

I have set MAKE_MODE=UNIX and made certain that I still have tabs
and not spaces in my makefile.  Still, make will not recognize the majority
of the makefile.

I did make --dry-run and I obtained

./xsum Notice README cds.c data.c defines.h defs.h equiv.c error.c exec.c
expr.c f2c.1 f2c.1t f2c.h format.c format.h formatdata.c ftypes.h gram.c
gram.dcl gram.exec gram.expr gram.head gram.io init.c intr.c io.c iob.h
lex.c machdefs.h main.c malloc.c mem.c memset.c misc.c names.c names.h
niceprintf.c niceprintf.h output.c output.h p1defs.h p1output.c parse.h
parse_args.c pccdefs.h pread.c proc.c put.c putpcc.c sysdep.c sysdep.h
tokens usignal.h vax.c version.c xsum.c >xsum1.out
cmp xsum0.out xsum1.out
&& mv xsum1.out xsum.out
gcc -c -O main.c
gcc -c -O init.c
gcc -c -O
gram.c
grep -n . <tokens | sed "s/\([^:]*\):\(.*\)/#define \2 \1/"
>tokdefs.h
gcc -c -O lex.c
gcc -c -O proc.c
gcc -c -O equiv.c
gcc -c -O
data.c
gcc -c -O format.c
gcc -c -O expr.c
gcc -c -O exec.c
gcc -c -O
intr.c
gcc -c -O io.c
gcc -c -O misc.c
gcc -c -O error.c
gcc -c -O
mem.c
gcc -c -O names.c
gcc -c -O output.c
gcc -c -O p1output.c
gcc -c -O
pread.c
gcc -c -O put.c
gcc -c -O putpcc.c
gcc -c -O vax.c
gcc -c -O
formatdata.c
gcc -c -O parse_args.c
gcc -c -O niceprintf.c
gcc -c -O
cds.c
gcc -c -O sysdep.c
gcc -c -O version.c
gcc  main.o init.o gram.o
lex.o proc.o equiv.o data.o format.o expr.o exec.o intr.o io.o misc.o
error.o mem.o names.o output.o p1output.o pread.o put.o putpcc.o vax.o
formatdata.o parse_args.o niceprintf.o cds.o sysdep.o version.o  -o f2c

but the makefile is

#      Makefile for f2c, a Fortran 77 to C converter

.SUFFIXES: .c .o
CC = gcc
CFLAGS = -O
SHELL = //D/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/sh
YACC = yacc
YFLAGS =

.c.o:
	$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $*.c

OBJECTSd = main.o init.o gram.o lex.o proc.o equiv.o data.o format.o \
         expr.o exec.o intr.o io.o misc.o error.o mem.o names.o \
         output.o p1output.o pread.o put.o putpcc.o vax.o formatdata.o \
         parse_args.o niceprintf.o cds.o sysdep.o version.o

MALLOC =
# To use the malloc whose source accompanies the f2c source, add malloc.o
# to the right-hand side of the "MALLOC =" line above, so it becomes
#      MALLOC = malloc.o
# This gives faster execution on some systems, but some other systems do
# not tolerate replacement of the system's malloc.

OBJECTS = $(OBJECTSd) $(MALLOC)

all: xsum.out f2c

f2c: $(OBJECTS)
	$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJECTS) -o f2c

# The following used to be a rule for gram.c rather than gram1.c, but
# there are too many broken variants of yacc around, so now we
# distribute a correctly function gram.c (derived with a Unix variant
# of the yacc from plan9).

gram1.c: gram.head gram.dcl gram.expr gram.exec gram.io defs.h tokdefs.h
	( sed <tokdefs.h "s/#define/%token/" ;\
		cat gram.head gram.dcl gram.expr gram.exec gram.io ) >gram.in
	$(YACC) $(YFLAGS) gram.in
	@echo "(There should be 4 shift/reduce conflicts.)"
	sed 's/^# line.*/\/* & *\//' y.tab.c >gram.c
	rm -f gram.in y.tab.c

$(OBJECTSd): defs.h ftypes.h defines.h machdefs.h sysdep.h

tokdefs.h: tokens
	grep -n . <tokens | sed "s/\([^:]*\):\(.*\)/#define \2 \1/" >tokdefs.h

cds.o: sysdep.h
exec.o: p1defs.h names.h
expr.o: output.h niceprintf.h names.h
format.o: p1defs.h format.h output.h niceprintf.h names.h iob.h
formatdata.o: format.h output.h niceprintf.h names.h
gram.o: p1defs.h
init.o: output.h niceprintf.h iob.h
intr.o: names.h
io.o: names.h iob.h
lex.o : tokdefs.h p1defs.h
main.o: parse.h usignal.h
mem.o: iob.h
names.o: iob.h names.h output.h niceprintf.h
niceprintf.o: defs.h names.h output.h niceprintf.h
output.o: output.h niceprintf.h names.h
p1output.o: p1defs.h output.h niceprintf.h names.h
parse_args.o: parse.h
proc.o: tokdefs.h names.h niceprintf.h output.h p1defs.h
put.o: names.h pccdefs.h p1defs.h
putpcc.o: names.h
vax.o: defs.h output.h pccdefs.h
output.h: niceprintf.h

put.o putpcc.o: pccdefs.h

f2c.t: f2c.1t
	troff -man f2c.1t >f2c.t

#f2c.1: f2c.1t
#      nroff -man f2c.1t | col -b | uniq >f2c.1

clean:
	rm -f *.o f2c tokdefs.h f2c.t

veryclean: clean
	rm -f xsum

b = Notice README cds.c data.c defines.h defs.h equiv.c error.c \
       exec.c expr.c f2c.1 f2c.1t f2c.h format.c format.h formatdata.c \
       ftypes.h gram.c gram.dcl gram.exec gram.expr gram.head gram.io \
       init.c intr.c io.c iob.h lex.c machdefs.h main.c \
       malloc.c mem.c memset.c misc.c names.c names.h niceprintf.c \
       niceprintf.h output.c output.h p1defs.h p1output.c \
       parse.h parse_args.c pccdefs.h pread.c proc.c put.c putpcc.c \
       sysdep.c sysdep.h tokens usignal.h vax.c version.c xsum.c

xsum: xsum.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xsum xsum.c

#Check validity of transmitted source...
xsum.out: xsum $b
	./xsum $b >xsum1.out
	cmp xsum0.out xsum1.out && mv xsum1.out xsum.out

#On non-Unix systems that end lines with carriage-return/newline pairs,
#use "make xsumr.out" rather than "make xsum.out".  The -r flag ignores
#carriage-return characters.
xsumr.out: xsum $b
	./xsum -r $b >xsum1.out
	cmp xsum0.out xsum1.out && mv xsum1.out xsumr.out

Two questions:
	(i) Why won't make recognize the first part of the makefile?
	(ii) Where do I get yacc?  Has anybody done this yet?

Thank you,
David M. Drukker

* Make problem
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Joost Kraaijeveld
From: Joost Kraaijeveld @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I need to run the following makefile (see below). For some reason the LFLAGS
macro is printed the right way on the screen but is passed to the linker the
wron way. Is there a way to pass LFLAGS correctly to the linker (as literal
string) using make and bash?

TIA

Joost

######################### Makefile ################################
CPPFLAGS = -Q -Ti -Ft -Tdp -Fb -Tm -Gm -Gd -qrtti=all
LFLAGS = "-de -br -nologo -pmtype:vio -code:RX -data:RW -def"

all: text.exe

text.exe: main.obj
	icc $(CPPFLAGS) -B$(LFLAGS) -Fetext.exe main.obj

main.obj: main.cpp
	icc -C $(CPPFLAGS) main.cpp

clean:
	-rm text.exe *.obj *.pdb tempinc/*
	rd .\tempinc

* Re: make Problem
@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David M. Drukker; +Cc: cygwin

"David M. Drukker" <drukker@eco.utexas.edu> writes:

> Two questions:
> 	(i) Why won't make recognize the first part of the makefile?

Looks ok to me. What exactly do you think make is not recognizing?

> 	(ii) Where do I get yacc?  Has anybody done this yet?

You can use either bison (use ``bison -y'' for yacc compatibility) or
Berkeley yacc (``byacc''). Both are provided with Cygwin.

Regards,
Mumit

* Re: make Problem
       [not found] ` < 3.0.5.32.19990314113425.0086a2b0@eco.utexas.edu >
@ 1999-03-14  9:59   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-03-14  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David M. Drukker; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-14  9:22 David M. Drukker
       [not found] ` < 3.0.5.32.19990314113425.0086a2b0@eco.utexas.edu >
From: David M. Drukker @ 1999-03-14  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-03-07 23:11 Joost Kraaijeveld
From: Joost Kraaijeveld @ 1999-03-07 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I need to run the following makefile (see below). For some reason the LFLAGS
macro is printed the right way on the screen but is passed to the linker the
wron way. Is there a way to pass LFLAGS correctly to the linker (as literal
string) using make and bash?

TIA

Joost

######################### Makefile ################################
CPPFLAGS = -Q -Ti -Ft -Tdp -Fb -Tm -Gm -Gd -qrtti=all
LFLAGS = "-de -br -nologo -pmtype:vio -code:RX -data:RW -def"

all: text.exe

text.exe: main.obj
	icc $(CPPFLAGS) -B$(LFLAGS) -Fetext.exe main.obj

main.obj: main.cpp
	icc -C $(CPPFLAGS) main.cpp

clean:
	-rm text.exe *.obj *.pdb tempinc/*
	rd .\tempinc

* MAKE Problem
@ 1998-01-24 14:35 naftali kirsh
From: naftali kirsh @ 1998-01-24 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a problem with make. When i'm trying to use it it's writes me
something about corrupted stack and exception handler .

BTW i want to thank James Paul Morgan about the V make files he gave me
(it was along time ago and then MAKE worked)

Thank you
    Naftali Kirsh (kirsh@geocities.com)

-

* make problem
@ 1997-12-29  1:37 Ivo Abeloos
From: Ivo Abeloos @ 1997-12-29  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnuwin32 (E-mail)

Hi everybody,

I have a little make problem.  Consider the following file testfile.proto:

ver XX.X
ver XX.X

When I perform a sed -e "" testfile.proto on it, it gives me the contents of
the file on stdout, which is normal.  When I try to do this from within a
makefile, it refuses to do anything:

testfile: testfile.proto
    echo 'Test the make'
    sed -e "" testfile.proto

This is all, the echo does its thing but sed returns nothing!

Anybody any suggestions?

Thanx,

Ivo

-

* make problem
@ 1997-10-06 19:07 Yang Shuqiang
From: Yang Shuqiang @ 1997-10-06 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

help!
I want to use gnuwin32 to port postgresql to winNT. But when i run
gmake,some errors exists. Now I build a simple project which has the same
errors as the porting of postgresql. The project is list below in details.
Can anybody know how to resolve this problem? The files and directories are
organized as follows:
                    / heaptuple.c
           / common - makefile
          /       / gist.c
c: - test -- gist - makefile
          \ makefile

The contents of these files are as follows:
1. c:\test\common\heaptuple.c:
    int ComputeDataSize() { return 1;	}

2. c:\test\common\makefile:
	OBJS = heaptuple.o
	all: SUBSYS.o
	SUBSYS.o: $(OBJS)
		$(CC) -r -o SUBSYS.o $(OBJS)

3. c:\test\gist\gist.c:
   void gistbuild(){}

4. c:\test\gist\makefile:
	OBJS = gist.o
	all: SUBSYS.o
	SUBSYS.o: $(OBJS)
		$(CC) -r -o SUBSYS.o $(OBJS)

5. c:\test\makefile:
	OBJS = common/SUBSYS.o gist/SUBSYS.o
	all: submake SUBSYS.o
	SUBSYS.o: $(OBJS)
		$(LD) -r -o SUBSYS.o $(OBJS)
	submake:
		$(MAKE) -C common  SUBSYS.o
		$(MAKE) -C gist    SUBSYS.o

When i make the project under gnuwin32, it reports the following errors:
c:\temp> make
make -C common  SUBSYS.o
gcc    -c heaptuple.c -o heaptuple.o
gcc -r -o SUBSYS.o heaptuple.o
make -C gist    SUBSYS.o
gcc    -c gist.c -o gist.o
gcc -r -o SUBSYS.o gist.o
ld -r -o SUBSYS.o common/SUBSYS.o gist/SUBSYS.o
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) In
cygwin_except_handler
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
Exception trapped!
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
exception C0000005 at 42703A
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE
1016) exception: ax 49E8ED0 bx 45E92DC cx 49E8ED0 dx
427034
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) exception: si
45D7A84 di 45D7A84 bp 257F150 sp
257F150
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
Stack trace:
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 0: sp
= 0x257EF68, pc = 0x1000CEC2
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE
1016) frame 1: sp = 0x257EF84, pc =
0xBFF766B8
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 2: sp =
0x257EFA8, pc = 0xBFF85C48
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE
1016) frame 3: sp = 0x257F040, pc =
0xFFECBAD7
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 4: sp =
0x257F150, pc = 0x43558A
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
frame 5: sp = 0x257F1A8, pc =
0x437BF6
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 6: sp =
0x257F1F8, pc = 0x41AC9D
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
frame 7: sp = 0x257F334, pc =
0x41AFCB
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 8: sp =
0x257F348, pc = 0x4178DA
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
frame 9: sp = 0x257F36C, pc =
0x422E32
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 10: sp =
0x257F3F0, pc = 0x43838A
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
frame 11: sp = 0x257F47C, pc =
0x437FDB
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 12: sp =
0x257F494, pc = 0x437F9F
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
frame 13: sp = 0x257F4A4, pc =
0x412B3C
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) frame 14: sp =
0x257F4C4, pc = 0x413010
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016)
frame 15: sp = 0x257F4EC, pc =
0x414F47
(C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\LD.EXE 1016) End of stack
trace (more stack frames may be present)
make: *** [SUBSYS.o] Error 2

I needs your help! Thanks!
S.Q.Yang
-