* squid installation
@ 2001-05-06  9:59 Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-05-06  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I reinstalled squid today.

It clobbers my squid.conf...

It would be better to include only the squid.conf.default

I fiddled about an hour to get squid.conf like i want it to be,
now i need to do all again...

gph

--
=^..^=

* Re: squid installation
@ 2001-05-06 14:59 ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2001-05-06 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerrit.haase, cygwin

Feel free to contribute a post-install script to copy squid.conf.default
to squid.conf, and I'll include it in the distro next time.

I'll be putting 2.4S1 together real soon now :]

Rob

> It would be better to include only the squid.conf.default
>
> I fiddled about an hour to get squid.conf like i want it to be,
> now i need to do all again...
>
> gph
>
> --
> =^..^=
>
> --

* Re: squid installation
@ 2001-05-07 15:12     ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-05-07 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerrit.haase; +Cc: cygwin

> > Scripts in /etc/postinstall that end in .bat will be executed by setup
> > and renamed with an extension of .done.
>
> Wow thanks, that is great, but it works only with setup.exe from cygwin,
> right?

If you just untar the package yourself, you can manually run anything
that ends up in /etc/postinstall.

But there's no other automatic way of running them without setup.

* Re: squid installation
@ 2001-05-07 15:06   ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-05-07 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-05-07  7:23 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-05-07  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Collins; +Cc: gerrit.haase, cygwin

Robert Collins wrote:

> Gerrit,
>         please keep replies cc'd to the list: in cases like this where I
> do not know the answer, there is some chance someone else can answer
> you.
>
> Rob

* RE: squid installation
@ 2001-05-06 23:25 Robert Collins