Hi All, I have attached the cygcheck_output.txt file requested. I hope it helps. When I said that the process start delay is 20 seconds. It is precisely 20 seconds give or take a few milliseconds which seems to imply to me to be some kind of a timeout. Just to give more information: I am running CYGWIN on my laptop which does not form a part of any windows domain and is therefore not at any time connected to a DC. It is a personal WORKSTATION. The nsswitch.conf file contains : passwd: db group: db db_enum: cache builtin db_home: /home/%U db_shell: /bin/bash db_gecos: Paul Kitchen -----Original Message----- From: Marco Atzeri [mailto:marco.atzeri@gmail.com] Sent: 02 February 2017 17:51 To: cygwin@cygwin.com Cc: pkitchen@talk21.com Subject: Re: Issue with delayed process start and effect on Windows 10 On 02/02/2017 16:24, Andrey Repin wrote: > Greetings, Paul Kitchen! > > To me it sounds you are using domain offline logon. > In any case, > >> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html Hi Paul, specially we need a copy of the cygcheck.out to comment on your system status. Regards Marco