* Newbie.. Please help!
@ 2002-03-02  0:11 Vladimir Kostine
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vladimir Kostine @ 2002-03-02  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Re,

My company recently moved to Windows XP hence forced me to run it as my
desktop machine. I've installed VSHELL to access the box as well as CYGWIN,
however, cannot figure out how to merge "tcsh" will Windows environment.
"ps" shows only processes running under cygwin, I cannot chdir to c:\ and
end up being locked in cygwin's root directory. My main gold is to be able
to view Window's running processes and kill/restart them.

Perhaps this questions has already been addressed numerous time. Your
patience and help are both highly appreciated.

V.

* Re: Newbie.. Please help!
@ 2002-03-02  1:35 ` Eugene Rosenzweig
From: Eugene Rosenzweig @ 2002-03-02  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

ps -W shows all processes on the machine
ps -h shows all available options
There is no man page for ps though.
cd c:/ or cd /cygdrive/c/ gets you to c: drive.
type 'mount' to display all Windows drives mountings

> My company recently moved to Windows XP hence forced me to run it as my
> desktop machine. I've installed VSHELL to access the box as well as
CYGWIN,
> however, cannot figure out how to merge "tcsh" will Windows environment.
> "ps" shows only processes running under cygwin, I cannot chdir to c:\ and
> end up being locked in cygwin's root directory. My main gold is to be able
> to view Window's running processes and kill/restart them.
>
> Perhaps this questions has already been addressed numerous time. Your
> patience and help are both highly appreciated.
>
> V.
>

> --

* Re: Newbie.. Please help!
@ 2002-03-02 10:33 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2002-03-02 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hallo Vladimir,

Am 2002-03-02 um 09:11 schriebst du:

> My company recently moved to Windows XP hence forced me to run it as my
> desktop machine. I've installed VSHELL to access the box as well as CYGWIN,
> however, cannot figure out how to merge "tcsh" will Windows environment.
> "ps" shows only processes running under cygwin, I cannot chdir to c:\ and
> end up being locked in cygwin's root directory. My main gold is to be able
> to view Window's running processes and kill/restart them.

Siebenschlaefer@LORELEY /src
$ cd c:/

Siebenschlaefer@LORELEY c:/
$ cd c:

Siebenschlaefer@LORELEY /cygdrive/c
$

--
make signature
make: *** No rule to make target `signature'.  Stop.

* Re: Newbie.. Please help!
@ 2002-03-02 16:36 ` Michael A Chase
From: Michael A Chase @ 2002-03-02 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Kostine, cygwin

> My company recently moved to Windows XP hence forced me to run it as my
> desktop machine. I've installed VSHELL to access the box as well as
CYGWIN,
> however, cannot figure out how to merge "tcsh" will Windows environment.
> "ps" shows only processes running under cygwin, I cannot chdir to c:\ and
> end up being locked in cygwin's root directory. My main gold is to be able
> to view Window's running processes and kill/restart them.
>
> Perhaps this questions has already been addressed numerous time. Your
> patience and help are both highly appreciated.

Visit http://cygwin.com/ and follow the Documentation link.  There are also
frequently info or man pages and many commands also have -h or --help
options.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html