* Building Apache JServ
@ 2001-07-17  4:18 Stu
From: Stu @ 2001-07-17  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,
  I'm trying to build apache 1.3.20 + JServ 1.1.2 on Cygwin 1.3.2, but
believe my
  problem is more due to being a cygwin newbie. Straight code compiles just
fine i.e.
  got plain apache up and running easily. Problem I have with JServ is
compiling the
  Java portions, and subsequently running them, all down to classpath
settings
  during the make, and having got around that by essentially building by
hand JServ
  complains during apache startup, again due to path problems.
  I've tried configuring JServ with both NT and Unix like pathnames all to
no avail
  as far as 'make' goes. Is there a standard way of getting around problems
with building
  applications involving some java content? Trying to use cygpath in
manually edited
  makefiles have got me nowhere.

  TIA,
    Stu

* Re: Building Apache JServ
@ 2001-07-17 14:15 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-07-17 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stu, cygwin

Am 17 Jul 2001, um 12:18 hat Stu geschrieben:

> Hi,
>   I'm trying to build apache 1.3.20 + JServ 1.1.2 on Cygwin 1.3.2, but
> believe my  problem is more due to being a cygwin newbie. Straight code
> compiles just fine i.e. got plain apache up and running easily.
> Problem I have with JServ is compiling the Java portions, and
> subsequently running them, all down to classpath settings during the
> make, and having got around that by essentially building by hand JServ
>   complains during apache startup, again due to path problems.
>   I've tried configuring JServ with both NT and Unix like pathnames
>   all to no avail as far as 'make' goes. Is there a standard way of
> getting around problems with building applications involving some java
> content? Trying to use cygpath in manually edited makefiles have got
> me nowhere.

Hmm, i think at first you will need to use a java-compiler which is
built on cygwin. Isn't there java support in gcc-3.0?

gph

--
=^..^=