* Wow, just hit RCS bug
@ 2014-04-16 16:41 tednolan
From: tednolan @ 2014-04-16 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I just hit the worst Cygwin bug I've encountered, the RCS bug which
silently corrupts text files > 256K.  That's the last thing I expect
from a version control system!

After some moments of panic, I was able to retrieve a good copy from
backups, but have lost my revision history.

Anyway, I immediately did a list search and found this is a known bug.

Shouldn't this package be pulled?

Just for the record, the suggested env var fix

RCS_MEM_LIMIT=0

to "force stdio" does not work for me, but the

RCS_MEM_LIMIT=10240

to allow 10megs of diffs does..