From: shell@shellware.com (Shell M. Shrader)
To: "Schaible, Joerg" <Joerg.Schaible@gft.de>, <Karri.Honkoila@fortum.com>
Cc: "cygwin-list" <cygwin@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Rsh starts notepad but no window
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

VNC has got to be one of the best additions to the "Thin client" world I've
seen come along in a while.  AT&T released the source and I can vouch for
how easy it is to apply custom mods.

If you go with the win32 version, you need a C++ compiler (I use MS VS6 SP3)
and a full tilt java compiler.  I went with the Sun Java 2 SDK (free from
sun).

Shell

Von: Karri.Honkoila@fortum.com [ mailto:Karri.Honkoila@fortum.com ]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. September 2000 16:16
An: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Betreff: Rsh starts notepad but no window

Hello!

I'm trying to start an application with a GUI in remote NT PC using rsh. For
testing I have tried to start notepad by command

rsh host notepad

Notepad seems to start because it appears in processes window of the task
manager but the notepad-window does not apper on screen.

Does anyone know solution ?

Regards Karri