* buiding gcc under cygwin
@ 2001-11-07 23:08 Danish Samad
From: Danish Samad @ 2001-11-07 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hello

Can you build a gcc version(latest) under cygwin? if
possible how? Secondly how do use gdb to debug gcc
itself(under cygwin). I want to do this to single out
the gcc front end from the back end. Lastly how
different is the source code for gcc under cygwin from
the one running in linux?

thanking in advance,
danish

* Re: buiding gcc under cygwin
@ 2001-11-08  6:00 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2001-11-08  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danish Samad, cygwin

David Billinghurst posted the instructions within the last 2 weeks.  Don't
even talk about building gcc if you aren't willing to read the instructions
posted on the gcc site.   I myself generally apply a few basic
modifications, including rebuilding cygwin binutils to permit 8-byte
alignment. Your answers have been posted many times; the standard gcc source
has enough cygwin support to work in those ways which are common to cygwin
and linux, but does not have all the cygwin add-ons.