* Problems with the Ksh. . .
@ 1999-03-13 15:19 David's Lightspeed Email
From: David's Lightspeed Email @ 1999-03-13 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

                                    March 13th, 1999

Big thanks to Corinna for the info on the Public Domain Ksh.
I'm having problems getting it to run, though, and am facing an
error message that looks like:

        "This program cannot be run in MS-DOS"

I've moved the executable to the same /bin directory that holds the
cygwin1.dll and my other shells.
There were "ksh.1" and "cygwin.diffs" files included with the "ksh.exe"
program, but I don't know exactly what these are responsible for.

Any thoughts? Any ideas?

                                     David L. Painter
                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
                                     fax:(559) 292-0410

P.S. My Tcsh has an incredibly slow startup time.  Has anyone else had
problems with this, or have any idea of what to do about it?

* Problems with the Ksh. . .
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` David's Lightspeed Email
From: David's Lightspeed Email @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

                                    March 13th, 1999

Big thanks to Corinna for the info on the Public Domain Ksh.
I'm having problems getting it to run, though, and am facing an
error message that looks like:

        "This program cannot be run in MS-DOS"

I've moved the executable to the same /bin directory that holds the
cygwin1.dll and my other shells.
There were "ksh.1" and "cygwin.diffs" files included with the "ksh.exe"
program, but I don't know exactly what these are responsible for.

Any thoughts? Any ideas?

                                     David L. Painter
                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
                                     fax:(559) 292-0410

P.S. My Tcsh has an incredibly slow startup time.  Has anyone else had
problems with this, or have any idea of what to do about it?

* Re: Problems with the Ksh. . .
@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

>There were "ksh.1" and "cygwin.diffs" files included with the "ksh.exe"
>program, but I don't know exactly what these are responsible for.
>
>Any thoughts? Any ideas?

ksh.1 is a man pages for ksh and *.diff files are always the patches.  In
this case it a patch file to patch orginal source code for compiling under
Cygwin.

You might consider that pdksh is a clone of ksh, not the actual ksh.  Actual
Ksh is copyrighted David Korn of AT&T.  If you need orginal KSH, it is
available only for UWIN from David Korn.

>                                     David L. Painter
>                                     dpainter@prontomail.com
>                                     dpainter@lightspeed.net
>                                     ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
>                                     fax:(559) 292-0410
>
>P.S. My Tcsh has an incredibly slow startup time.  Has anyone else had
>problems with this, or have any idea of what to do about it?
>

>--

* Re: Problems with the Ksh. . .
@ 1999-03-13 15:29 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-03-13 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)