When i log in to my system via ssh as a normal (non-admin) user, I cannot access network-volumes mounted to a drive letter. For example i have the following setup: \\asterix\shared mounted to local drive letter J: on machine obelix On obelix, when i start a local instance of a cygwin shell, i can do "ls j:" or mount "j:" "/j". If i dont do a "cygwin-mount", i see it under /cygdrive/j/. When i log in to obelix via ssh, i dont see that volume at all. I cant ls it, i cant mount it etc: $ ls /cygdrive/j ls: /cygdrive/j: No such file or directory Or $ mount "j:" "/j" mount: warning - /j does not exist. mount: defaulting to '--no-executable' flag for speed since native path references a remote share. Use '-f' option to override. mount: /j: Permission denied I have all the necessary permissions on that volume. And now comes the strange thing: When i am in a local cygwin-shell and do a "ssh localhost -l bpc" (where bpc is my local user), then I can access everything! Also when I log in remotly via ssh as admin-user. Sshd is running as local system, UsePrivilegeSeparation is off. Are there some sshd-settings which i have to set? Thanks, ron.