* Accessing the Windows registry with Cygwin Tcl/TK
@ 2001-11-07  6:12 Dr. Dirk Melcher
From: Dr. Dirk Melcher @ 2001-11-07  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello everybody,

I would like to access the Windows registry with Tcl/TK using the cygwin
version of this package. The Tcl/Tk manual pages tell you to enter "package
require registry" to provide the command "registry". This package does not
exist in the Cygwin distribution of Tcl/Tk. I found an DLL-file
"cygtclreg80.dll" in the directory /usr/bin and /bin and tried to load it with
the Tcl "load"-command. This yielded a segmentation violation. Can anybody
help me? Is there an error in the dll file or did I miss something?

Regards,

Dirk

Dr. Dirk Melcher
Biometrisches Zentrum Nord des MDK SH
Katharinenstr. 11a, 23554 Luebeck, GERMANY
Tel. +49 0451/4803-305
Fax: +49 0451/4803-300
email: Dirk.Melcher@mdk-sh.de

* Lynx terminal errors
@ 2001-11-07  6:46 ` rotaiv
From: rotaiv @ 2001-11-07  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm new to cygwin so forgive if these questions are basic.

I was having problems getting lynx to work and I finally fixed it by
installing the following packages:

libncurses5
libncurses6
ncurses
termcap
terminfo

Can someone explain what each of this packages are and why I needed them
for lynx?  Also, do I need all of them?  Which ones could I uninstall?  I
tried several combinations but I have not been able to figure out the
minimal packages needed for lynx.

Regards,

rotaiv

* Re: Lynx terminal errors
@ 2001-11-07  7:26   ` Pavel Tsekov
From: Pavel Tsekov @ 2001-11-07  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rotaiv; +Cc: cygwin

rotaiv wrote:

> I'm new to cygwin so forgive if these questions are basic.
>
> I was having problems getting lynx to work and I finally fixed it by
> installing the following packages:
>
> libncurses5
> libncurses6
> ncurses
> termcap
> terminfo
>
> Can someone explain what each of this packages are and why I needed them
> for lynx?  Also, do I need all of them?  Which ones could I uninstall?  I
> tried several combinations but I have not been able to figure out the
> minimal packages needed for lynx.

Read this carefully.

It would be better if you make a full installation. This way
questions like this wont be necessary.

* Re: Lynx terminal errors
@ 2001-11-07  7:35   ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-11-07  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rotaiv, cygwin

At 09:47 AM 11/7/2001, rotaiv wrote:
>I'm new to cygwin so forgive if these questions are basic.
>
>I was having problems getting lynx to work and I finally fixed it by installing the following packages:
>
>libncurses5
>libncurses6
>ncurses
>termcap
>terminfo
>
>Can someone explain what each of this packages are and why I needed them for lynx?  Also, do I need all of them?  Which ones could I uninstall?  I tried several combinations but I have not been able to figure out the minimal packages needed for lynx.

With the upcoming release of the newest setup, you won't need to know
the answers to these questions.  Setup will take care of it for you.
If you're brave, see the email archives for cygwin and cygwin-apps for
information on how you can give this upcoming version a try on your
system.  If you're not so adventurous, you'll have to wait until the
new setup is released.  It should be "real soon now" (TM). ;-)