* Re: adopt and update libatomic_ops and libgc
       [not found] <CAM-5HMv9qbUM-=450K7RG7J_4yQWCTCOM1Hp5AWbAAs6Hb+s0Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-05-08 12:22 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-05-08 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/05/2017 13:41, Andy Li wrote:
> I would like to adopt and update the now orphaned libatomic_ops and
> libgc packages, which is a dependency of the neko package I
> maintained.
>
> The updated cygport files can be found at:
> https://github.com/andyli/libatomic_ops-cygwin
> https://github.com/andyli/libgc-cygwin
>
> Note that I've split them into separated packages, since the source of
> libgc no longer contains a copy of atomic_ops, and they are versioned
> independently as well.
>
> Please review and let me know if there is anything to improve.

Thanks.

libatomic_ops.cygport:

A comment that we need to correct for this installing it's documentation
into usr/share/libatomic_ops, rather that usr/share/doc/libatomic_ops
might be nice.

This could alternatively be written using a custom src_install which
calls cyginstall then moves the directory, which might be less brittle
to changes in the file list?

This might be an upstream defect if it doesn't respect --docdir?

libgc.cygport:

DEPEND might be better written pkgconfig(atomic_ops)

Again, stuff installed to usr/share/gc/ should probably be moved to
usr/share/doc/gc

I note we also have libgc-7.2d-2 as non-source package, which just
contains usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libgc.README.  That probably needs to be
cleaned up by being obsoleted.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-05-08 11:54 UTC | newest]