* RE: Re[2]: Unix spooler
@ 1997-08-20 14:12 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-08-20 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'arifi_koseoglu@karmaint.com'

arifi_koseoglu@karmaint.com wrote:

> How'bout if the printer is not on te Parallel port but on the network ?

"net use lpt1 \\server\printer".

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* Re: Re[2]: Unix spooler
@ 1997-08-27  7:06   ` Valery Fine
From: Valery Fine @ 1997-08-27  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Hegt, gnu-win32

On 19 Aug 97 at 11:16, Rob Hegt wrote:

> This may all be true, but I guess that what was initially intended
> was an lpr/lpd suite for win32. So, what is the status on that?

  It is supplied with Windows. Goto "Control Panel" -> Networking"
and setup Microsoft TCP/IP printing staff.
  If this is not enough one may support this from UNIX side via SAMBA
daemon as well.

  Hope this helps,
                      Valery
Dr. Valeri Faine (Valery Fine)

* Re: Re[2]: Unix spooler
@ 1997-08-25  7:28 Ken Cantrell
From: Ken Cantrell @ 1997-08-25  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Hegt, gnu-win32

 You should have a lpr.exe in \WINNT\SYSTEM32 (assuming you named
directories in the standard way) which supports TCP/IP printing.  It
probably isn't what you're wanting, but it might be closer than the
suggestions mentioned so far.

Ken Cantrell
DG Performance Modeling
x5879
kcantrel@dg.rtp.com
*** Don't forget to smile...that's why God gave us Fangs ***

[chunks have been removed from the following ... ]

From: Rob Hegt <rjhe@oce.nl>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Unix spooler

>> Date:          Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:16:13 -0700 (PDT)
>> From:          Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 arifi_koseoglu@karmaint.com wrote:
>> > How'bout if the printer is not on te Parallel port but on the network ?
>> Perhaps use the UNC pathname for it?
>
>This may all be true, but I guess that what was initially intended was an
>lpr/lpd suite for win32. So, what is the status on that?
>
>Rob Hegt

-

* Re: Re[2]: Unix spooler
@ 1997-08-20 14:12 ` Rob Hegt
From: Rob Hegt @ 1997-08-20 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

@ 1997-08-20 14:12 Mark Newnham
From: Mark Newnham @ 1997-08-20 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Sarir Khamsi @ 1997-08-19 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arifi_koseoglu; +Cc: gnu-win32, Ian, Sergey Okhapkin

> How'bout if the printer is not on te Parallel port but on the network ?

> -Arifi

I just learned this trick yesterday:

net use /persistent:yes
net use lpt1: \\YourPrintServer\YourPrintername

This was to get enscript for 95/NT to work with a network printer, but
I have not tried to redirect from the command line. Hope it helps.

Sarir

--
Sarir "Riri" Khamsi                            Kwajalein, Marshall Islands
email: khamsis@kmrmail.kmr.ll.mit.edu                      w: 805-355-1534

-

* Re: Re[2]: Unix spooler
@ 1997-08-18 21:16 Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-08-18 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arifi_koseoglu; +Cc: gnu-win32

From: Alex @ 1997-08-18 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arifi_koseoglu; +Cc: gnu-win32, Ian, Sergey Okhapkin

@ 1997-08-18  5:26 arifi_koseoglu
From: arifi_koseoglu @ 1997-08-18  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, Ian, Sergey Okhapkin

Subject: RE: Unix spooler
Author:  Sergey Okhapkin <sos@prospect.com.ru> at INTERNET
Date:    8/18/97 11:41 AM

Ian Collins wrote:
> How would I access my network/local windows 95/nt printers from a bash
> prompt?
> There doesn't seem to be any spooler implementation in gnu-win32 (or is
> there).

Just try "ls >prn" :-)