* RE: tar from/to floppy disk
@ 1997-08-26 11:26 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-08-26 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Michael Reinelt'

Michael Reinelt wrote:
> As I said, it only should. With NT4 Server, the floppy starts up, and
> after a few seconds, I get the following:
>
>    tar: Cannot open /dev/fd0: Not super-user

Take cygwin.dll from my web page. It works with tar floppies on NT (single-volume archives only).

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* tar from/to floppy disk
@ 1997-08-21  4:09 Michael Reinelt
From: Michael Reinelt @ 1997-08-21  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I'm trying to get tar to read/write from floppy disks. (It's the only
NT tar which _should_ work with floppies).
As I said, it only should. With NT4 Server, the floppy starts up, and
after a few seconds, I get the following:

   tar: Cannot open /dev/fd0: Not super-user

(Win95 refuses to know about /dev/fd0.)

Already working as administrator, I tried to become super-user :-)
I created /etc/passwd, and changed the UID of administrator to 0. I
added a new user "root", again with UID 0. Doesn't help.

Any hints?

bye, Michael
--
Michael Reinelt					   vox: +43 316 577288
Algersdorferstr. 66a				   fax: +43 316 577852