* RE: New patch available.
@ 1997-10-14 23:13 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-10-14 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32'

rale wrote:
> hi,
>   Just grabbed the new bins, and so far, it seems to be working perfect
> under Win98.  Thanks, great job.
> >  - rcmd(), rexec(), rresvport(), socketpair() calls implemented.
> >
> > Signal handling in precompiled binary changed (no source provided for a
now).
> > Chris Faylor rewrote signal handling stuff with semaphores instead of
window
> > messages. With this changes new dll runs stable on Windows 95! I
successfully
> > rebuilt the whole b18 cdk from the scratch on Windows 95 with this dll.
Try it!

Please, address your congratulations to Chris! He made a gread work on
signal handling rewritting. His changes allows the new dll to run stable on
Win9X.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* Re: New patch available.
@ 1997-10-15  0:56   ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-15  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Kermit Tensmeyer wrote:

> Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> >  - rcmd(), rexec(), rresvport(), socketpair() calls implemented.

Ack.  I took a quick look at the patch, and I was thinking, wouldn't it be
better to trap any non AF_INET sockets, and then return EPROTONOSUPPORT
or EAFNOSUPPORT?

> > Signal handling in precompiled binary changed (no source provided for a now).
> > Chris Faylor rewrote signal handling stuff with semaphores instead of window
> > messages.
>
>  Wonderful!  Is there an include file where prototypes for these
>  functions are available?

Assuming the functions follow basic BSDisms, the prototypes should be as
follows:

/* unistd.h */
int rcmd (char **, int, char *, char *, char *, int *);
int rresvport (int);
/* sys/socket.h */
int socketpair (int, int, int, int *);
/* ? */
int rexec (char **, int, char *, char *, char *, int *);

- alex

-

* Re: New patch available.
@ 1997-10-14  6:53 ` Kermit Tensmeyer
From: Kermit Tensmeyer @ 1997-10-14  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin; +Cc: gnu-win32

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  - rcmd(), rexec(), rresvport(), socketpair() calls implemented.
>
> Signal handling in precompiled binary changed (no source provided for a now).
> Chris Faylor rewrote signal handling stuff with semaphores instead of window
> messages.

 Wonderful!  Is there an include file where prototypes for these
 functions are available?

--
-------
  Kermit Tensmeyer    (E & T - Networking)

* Re: New patch available.
@ 1997-10-14  0:17 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-14  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin; +Cc: 'gnu-win32'

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  - rcmd(), rexec(), rresvport(), socketpair() calls implemented.
>
> Signal handling in precompiled binary changed (no source provided for a now).
> Chris Faylor rewrote signal handling stuff with semaphores instead of window
> messages. With this changes new dll runs stable on Windows 95! I successfully
> rebuilt the whole b18 cdk from the scratch on Windows 95 with this dll. Try it!

Congratulations!  I'm really glad to be able to use the gnu-win32 tools on
my computer again.  Any word on when b19 is comming out?
<PLUG>
With a little bit more kludging, I hope to have a chrooted rpm 2.4.7
(right now i #define'd chroot (x) return 0;).  However I also took the
coolview.tar.gz and put just the .a and .dll libs in a little tar file on
my web page, for those who have faster connections to the usa than to
Russia. ( http://www.hooked.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32 )
</PLUG>

- alex

-

* Re: New patch available.
@ 1997-10-13 23:09 ` rale
From: rale @ 1997-10-13 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32'

hi,
  Just grabbed the new bins, and so far, it seems to be working perfect
under Win98.  Thanks, great job.
-rale

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  - rcmd(), rexec(), rresvport(), socketpair() calls implemented.
>
> Signal handling in precompiled binary changed (no source provided for a now).
> Chris Faylor rewrote signal handling stuff with semaphores instead of window
> messages. With this changes new dll runs stable on Windows 95! I successfully
> rebuilt the whole b18 cdk from the scratch on Windows 95 with this dll. Try it!
>
> --
> Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
> Moscow, Russia
> Looking for a job
>
> -
-

* New patch available.
@ 1997-10-13 14:33 Sergey Okhapkin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-10-13 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32'

Hi!

@ 1997-09-23  3:29 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-09-23  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu-Win32'

Hi!

- All the environment-related problems should be fixed.
- Application's start-up time decreased (read /etc/passwd and /etc/group
  only when neccessary, but not on every process startup).
- Fixed a bug in setpwent() call.
- If the environment variable CYGWIN_TITLE is set to "strip", the executable's
  path is not dispayed on console title.

--

@ 1997-09-16 23:46 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-09-16 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu-Win32'

Hi!

- Do not send SIGCHLD to parent on process exit if running on Windows 95 and
CYGWIN_SIGCHLD environment variable not set.
- Fixed errno value of fcntl syscall.

In.rexecd in remote.tar.gz checks now remote user name/password against NT security database and works on NT only.

--

@ 1997-09-15  0:17 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-09-15  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu-Win32'

Hi!

- Link() syscall fails to create a hard link to read-only file.

--

@ 1997-09-07 11:58 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-09-07 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32'

Hi!

- Link() syscall makes a hard links on NTFS partitions (NT only).

--

@ 1997-08-07 18:21 ` Micheal A. Benzinger
From: Micheal A. Benzinger @ 1997-08-07 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome Gay, James Dumser; +Cc: cygnus

Jerome,

I, too, had problems getting telnetd using NT4SP3 as you.  To
rectify these problems I took two steps:

1) I had to add user rights as specified at the bottom of
   Sergey's home page to the user that was used to start
   up the inetd service.

2) I had to ensure that I had a valid /etc/passwd and /etc/group
   and, in my case, they had to be UNIX type files with only
   linefeeds and not DOS type files with lines feeds and carriage
   returns.

After I made these two changes I was able to log in from any of
our UNIX hosts as well as other NT work stations.

I hope this helps,

Mike Benzinger

P.S.  I was able to get VIM 5.0l to compile and run after
applying the patches made by Chris Faylor in version 5.0h
and the modification to vim.h that I found.  After this
VIM seems to be rolling along fairly nicely except for the
fact that at work I am experiencing some problems with
"dd" and "j" not updating the screen when deleting a line
or scrolling at the bottom of the screen.

At 06:39 PM 8/6/97 +0200, Jerome Gay wrote:
> James-
>
>Sorry to bother you, but I cannot get telnetd to work on NT4SP3...
>Did you tweak something to get it work ?
>Did you set some special user rights in NT ?
>How are you running inetd (as a service, or from command line) ?
>I'll appreciate your help.
>
>Jerom "ZoSo"

-

* Re: New patch available
@ 1997-08-06 10:37 Jerome Gay

From: James Dumser @ 1997-08-01 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1997-08-01  4:29 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-08-01  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu-Win32'

Hi!

@ 1997-07-24  1:42 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-07-24  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu-Win32'

Hi!

- fixed scroll region bug, termcap "cs" entry works now.
- fpathconf syscall implemented.
- national characters in filenames are now allowed.
- next to last (:-) bug in signal handling fixed.
- inode numbers emulation impruved.
- signal while in a fork bug fixed.
- path handling bugfix.
- many fixes related to syscalls return values/errno handling.