* RE: TAB file completion
@ 1998-01-12  2:57 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1998-01-12  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Mathew J. Rippa'

Mathew J. Rippa wrote:
> First of all, cmd.exe is command.com and regedt32 is regedit...  I'm
> assuming the dos-prompt what is meant by cmd.exe .
> Furthermore, the above registry entry does not exist. Am I supposed to
> add this entry or is all this only for use with WINDOWS NT as I had a
> hunch?

First of all, cmd.exe is cmd.exe and regedt32 is regedt32. TAB file completion on OS prompt works on NT only.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* RE: TAB file completion
@ 1998-01-11 19:40 Stephan Mueller
From: Stephan Mueller @ 1998-01-11 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mathew J. Rippa', gnu-win32

Nope, cmd.exe is not command.com.  The Win95 DOS prompt is implemented
by command.com, and it does not support filename completion.

The references to cmd.exe, regedt32 and the registry are all correct, and,
as you hunched, WinNT specific.  Sorry.

stephan();

-

* TAB file completion