* Could we have the net releases in an rpm format?
@ 2000-04-25  1:33 Christian Jönsson
From: Christian Jönsson @ 2000-04-25  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I was just wondering if ti would be a good thing (tm)
to have the net releases of cygwin in an other binary
format than what we have now?

My mind goes thinking rpm format or something
similar. Something that keeps track of what is
installed and does provide a "neat" update
facility...

Anyway, just my $.02 :-)

Cheers,

/ChJ

* Re: Could we have the net releases in an rpm format?
@ 2000-04-25  4:41 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-04-25  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 10:32:36AM +0200, Christian Jönsson wrote:
>I was just wondering if ti would be a good thing (tm) to have the net
>releases of cygwin in an other binary format than what we have now?
>
>My mind goes thinking rpm format or something similar.  Something that
>keeps track of what is installed and does provide a "neat" update
>facility...
>
>Anyway, just my $.02 :-)

Are you volunteering?

cgf

* Re: Could we have the net releases in an rpm format?
@ 2000-04-25  7:47   ` Christian Jönsson
From: Christian Jönsson @ 2000-04-25  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm not that familiar with the process of having a whole
system such as cygwin under rpm (or the like). I do realise
that there are quite some extra work to be done. Perhaps
this is simply not feasible for now.

Does anyone have an idea of how this could be done
"semi-automatic", i.e., starting with cygwin-1.1.0 and its
binary and src tarballs?

Cheers,

/ChJ