* Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-16 13:53 Charles Wilson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Charles Wilson @ 2002-07-16 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.  I will no
longer be monitoring the lists, and all cygwin-related mail sent to me
personally will be routed unread to /dev/null.  Pretend I don't exist.
The packages that I maintain are stable enough right now that they don't
really need babysitting; it is very unlikely that critical bugs will be
discovered in any of them during the next six weeks.

I'll be back in September, but until then, I really need to reclaim the
time I'm currently spending on this project.  Thanks for your understanding.

--Chuck

* Re: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-16 16:59 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-07-16 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 03:02:10PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.  I will no
>longer be monitoring the lists, and all cygwin-related mail sent to me
>personally will be routed unread to /dev/null.  Pretend I don't exist.
>The packages that I maintain are stable enough right now that they don't
>really need babysitting; it is very unlikely that critical bugs will be
>discovered in any of them during the next six weeks.
>
>I'll be back in September, but until then, I really need to reclaim the
>time I'm currently spending on this project.  Thanks for your understanding.

So long for now, Chuck.  Your contributions to cygwin are legendary.  I hope
that you have a nice vacation from cygwin.

cgf

* Re: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-16 18:09 ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2002-07-16 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:

> For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.
[..]
> I'll be back in September

Thanks a lot for all your help and support.  Have a good time.

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter

* Re: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-16 20:24   ` ...2«...
From: ...2«... @ 2002-07-16 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: cygwin

here here

> > For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.
> [..]
> > I'll be back in September
>
> Thanks a lot for all your help and support.  Have a good time.
>
> Greetings,
> Jan.
>
> --
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org
>

> --

* Re: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-17  2:32 ` Ehud Karni
From: Ehud Karni @ 2002-07-17  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cwilson; +Cc: cygwin

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:02:10 -0400, Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:

> For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.
>
> --Chuck

Thank you VERY VERY much for your work so far.

I think that you give the most comprehensive answers on this list.

I'll wait for your return in September.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign

* Re: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-17  2:44   ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2002-07-17  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cwilson; +Cc: cygwin

--- Ehud Karni <ehud@unix.simonwiesel.co.il> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:02:10 -0400, Charles Wilson
> <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:
> >
> > For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.
> >
> > --Chuck
>
> Thank you VERY VERY much for your work so far.
>
> I think that you give the most comprehensive answers on this list.
>
> I'll wait for your return in September.

As will I...  Good luck on your thesis defense!

Cheers,
Nicholas

* RE: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-17  7:08   ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2002-07-17  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> > For personal reasons I need to take a break from cygwin.
> [..]
> > I'll be back in September
>
> Thanks a lot for all your help and support.  Have a good time.

and also thanks for your work on the autotool stuff, which helped us much for
the kde-cygwin project.
Good look Charles

* Re: Bye for now.
@ 2002-07-16 16:44 Andre Bleau
From: Andre Bleau @ 2002-07-16 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Charles,

On behalf of many readers of this list, I want to thank you for all the
time you dedicated to Cygwin and its tool set, and wish you good luck on
any new project you will turn to. There is more to life than computer
tools, even when these tools are free, fun, and good, as you helped made
them be.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL
package to cygwin@cygwin.com .