* How to distribuite an application built under Cygwin ! HELP !
@ 2003-02-05  8:53 Stefano Gallina
From: Stefano Gallina @ 2003-02-05  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I built an application under Cygwin and i want to
install it on another pc; so i tryed to copy the files
on this pc and i tryed to use the command "mount"
trying to mount the directory where i decided to put
the files but when i launch a executable file of this
built application i got the error bad command.
Any suggestion ?
Cheers.

          Stefano

=====
First they ignore you
   Then they laugh at you
      Then they fight you
         Then you win

            Mahatma Gandhi

* Re: How to distribuite an application built under Cygwin ! HELP !
@ 2003-02-05  8:59 ` Elfyn McBratney
From: Elfyn McBratney @ 2003-02-05  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Stefano Gallina

> Hi,
>
> I built an application under Cygwin and i want to
> install it on another pc; so i tryed to copy the files
> on this pc and i tryed to use the command "mount"
> trying to mount the directory where i decided to put
> the files but when i launch a executable file of this
> built application i got the error bad command.
> Any suggestion ?
> Cheers.

As Max said you need to give a little more info on what exactly has failed.

A little pointer:

When reporting problems it's always a good idea to let us know of what
version of cygwin your using, if you encounter errors, exactly what error
messages where you recieving (Paste the error messages), also give adding
the commands you used, in this case what did you do with mount.

Take a look at <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html>

If what you did was compile Sid from s.r.c then generally all you need to do
is tar it up and extract it on the target machine (cygwin installation). You
shouldn't have to do anything to do with mount. Again let us know what
exactly you are trying to accomplish ;-)

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk
www.exposure.org.uk

* Re: How to distribuite an application built under cygwin ! HELP !
@ 2003-02-05  8:49   ` Elfyn McBratney
From: Elfyn McBratney @ 2003-02-05  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> You might get a better response from cygwin@cygwin.com . cygwin-apps is
> generally for issues relating to setup.exe and cygwin packages. I've
> forwarded this there too ::::::-)

Appolagies. It seems Max had already replied to this one and as per usual
did a much better job of it than moi ;-)

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk
www.exposure.org.uk

* Re: How to distribuite an application built under cygwin ! HELP !
       [not found] <20030205084232.6876.qmail@web41104.mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2003-02-05  8:47 ` Elfyn McBratney
From: Elfyn McBratney @ 2003-02-05  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, cygwin, Stefano Gallina

You might get a better response from cygwin@cygwin.com . cygwin-apps is
generally for issues relating to setup.exe and cygwin packages. I've
forwarded this there too ::::::-)

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk
www.exposure.org.uk

Exposure - Preparing young people for the world that should be.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor
disclose its contents to any other person.

"In future the success of a society will be determined by how quickly and
how easily the reins of power are handed over to the next generation."