* X in Cygwin? Anyone ever tried that?
@ 2000-09-28  0:08 Andreas Eibach
From: Andreas Eibach @ 2000-09-28  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

well that's *not* a question whether you did that *too* but whether you
*ever* did that.
Just to avoid misunderstandings ;)

I like to ask if someone has ever succeeded in running this.
Well I got my X sources tarball sitting here on CD, and if you say it is
successful,
I could try to start compiling it this evening so it's finished next morning
(hopefully)... ;)

Ermm....Considering my *limited* system resources here, I personally
wouldn't tend to
run KDE here, though :) *grin*.
Nah, Fvwm2 would be sufficient.

Whoa, what a modest attitude! ;)

 Andreas

* Re: X in Cygwin? Anyone ever tried that?
@ 2000-09-28  0:37 ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2000-09-28  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Eibach, cygwin

Hi Andreas,
    there is a whole set of web pages, and another mailing list dedicated to
XFree86 on cygwin..

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree and cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com

I assume you are running the net release 1.0 (the version on the CD?) You
will need to upgrade your cygwin to the latest release (use the Install
Cygwin Now icon on the cygwin home page) to use the X servers that are
available.

Rob

@ 2000-09-28 12:22   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-28 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 06:38:23PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Hi Andreas,
>    there is a whole set of web pages, and another mailing list dedicated to
>XFree86 on cygwin..
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree and cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com
>
>I assume you are running the net release 1.0 (the version on the CD?) You
>will need to upgrade your cygwin to the latest release (use the Install
>Cygwin Now icon on the cygwin home page) to use the X servers that are
>available.

We didn't include sources for X on the CD.  It certainly wasn't working
back then.

cgf

* Re: X in Cygwin? Anyone ever tried that?
@ 2000-09-28 14:46     ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2000-09-28 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, cygwin

<snip>
> We didn't include sources for X on the CD.  It certainly wasn't working
> back then.
>
> cgf

Oops, Gotta stop that assuming thing :-].