* RE: setup question: How to keep up-to-date the skipped packages?
@ 2002-07-08  7:33 lhall
From: lhall @ 2002-07-08  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e-complex, cygwin

Mirroring software (i.e. wget, etc) is better suited for this task.

Larry

From: Max Bowsher @ 2002-07-08 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com wrote:
> Mirroring software (i.e. wget, etc) is better suited for this task.

Unless you don't want to keep prev versions on disc.

There is an item in the setup.exe todo list about setup using 'cached' rather
than 'installed' as its criterion when in download only mode.

@ 2002-07-08 15:33   ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2002-07-08 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Bowsher, cygwin

That TODO list item would not meet Alexei's requirements (to handle skipped
packages), and a mirroring tool will delete old versions.

Rob

@ 2002-07-08 16:10     ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2002-07-08 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Robert Collins wrote:
> That TODO list item would not meet Alexei's requirements (to handle
> skipped packages), ...

I think it might - the packages wouldn't be skipped once the criterion was
'cached' as opposed to 'installed'.

Max.

* Re: setup question: How to keep up-to-date the skipped packages?
@ 2002-07-08 16:27       ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2002-07-08 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Bowsher, cygwin

> > That TODO list item would not meet Alexei's requirements (to handle
> > skipped packages), ...
>
> I think it might - the packages wouldn't be skipped once the criterion was
> 'cached' as opposed to 'installed'.

You are interpreting the TODO differently to me. I interpret as showing
installed versions that are cached with their cached version, not as showing
them as installed.

Still, good point for me to think on..

Rob

* Re: setup question: How to keep up-to-date the skipped packages?
@ 2002-07-11  2:27 Alexei Lioubimov
From: Alexei Lioubimov @ 2002-07-11  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm interpreting "cached" and "installed" criterion in  Max Bowsher's way.
So it'll be nice to choose between this items when "downloading from
Internet".
(mainly it was the thing I was asking about and, to tell the truth, was not
ready
to get the answer about standalone mirroring tools).

Alexei.

@ 2002-07-09 23:22   ` Alexei Lioubimov
From: Alexei Lioubimov @ 2002-07-09 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Starks-Browning; +Cc: cygwin

Hello David,
thank you for the answer.

Can you give some practical tips for using wget or some other mirroring
tool, cause i've never tried any of them before.

Alexei Lioubimov

From: David Starks-Browning @ 2002-07-09  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexei Lioubimov; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2002-07-08  4:49 Alexei Lioubimov