On 11/30/2020 10:06 AM, Keith Christian via Cygwin (cygwin@cygwin.com) wrote: > I downloaded the .tar.gz of C-Kermit 9.0.305 Alpha.02, 19 September 2020. > Web page: http://www.kermitproject.org/ckdaily.html > Source download: http://www.kermitproject.org/ftp/kermit/test/tar/x.tar.gz > > I realize that C-Kermit has not been in the Cygwin distribution for > awhile. There is no "cygwin" target in the makefile in the x.tar.gz > source distribution. > Is there any guidance for how to compile this modern version of > C-Kermit for present-day Cygwin? > > Thanks. I suspect building C-Kermit with SSH, OpenSSL, Kerberos v5 support is going to be problematic since none of that code has been updated in more than a decade to keep up with the latest upstream packages. I suggest you start by trying to build for a generic linux target without any security features. Jeffrey Altman former Kermit developer