* Winnt/95 authentication
@ 1997-08-20 22:03 Ian Collins
From: Ian Collins @ 1997-08-20 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu win32 mailer'

Is there any way of authenticating a password against windows nt server
domain security in gnu-win32?

I have written a network service (similiar to telnetd) that I want to
have authenticated before it will accept a connection.

The PC it will run on will be either winnt or win95, and I want the
program to authenticate a supplied password against domain security.

Any ideas anyone?

Many Regards,
Ian Collins

-

* Re: winnt/95 authentication
@ 1997-08-27  7:06   ` Dan Maynard
From: Dan Maynard @ 1997-08-27  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32; +Cc: Ian Collins

> >Is there any way of authenticating a password against windows nt server
> >domain security in gnu-win32?

snippet from Sergey's patch to login.c:

============================

HANDLE hToken;
char *username;
char *pp;		<=- password

	if (LogonUser(username, NULL, pp, LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE,
		LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT, &hToken))

* Re: winnt/95 authentication
@ 1997-08-22  7:16 Henrik Geleff
From: Henrik Geleff @ 1997-08-22  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Collins, 'Gnu win32 mailer'

 Try starting by entering URL
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/goprem.asp?TARGET=/msdn/library/
 and then navigate 'SDK Documentation'->'Windows Base Services'->Security.

If you have a MSDN library CD handy, you can access the same information,
just faster.

Regards and good luck

Henrik Geleff

-

* Re: winnt/95 authentication
@ 1997-08-21 21:41 ` Paul Vincent Elia
From: Paul Vincent Elia @ 1997-08-21 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Collins, 'Gnu win32 mailer'

At 05:33 PM 8/20/97 +1200, Ian Collins wrote:
>Is there any way of authenticating a password against windows nt server
>domain security in gnu-win32?
>
>I have written a network service (similiar to telnetd) that I want to
>have authenticated before it will accept a connection.
>
>The PC it will run on will be either winnt or win95, and I want the
>program to authenticate a supplied password against domain security.
>
>Any ideas anyone?
>
>Many Regards,
>Ian Collins

I don't know the answer, but I've got two cents to put in on this one. It
would be great if getpwnam() and its related functions worked. This would
be a great path towards authenticating on Win95/WinNT while still keeping
Unix-sh ties.

  - Paul Elia

-

* winnt/95 authentication