* Signal Handling
@ 1997-08-27 23:18 Ian Collins
From: Ian Collins @ 1997-08-27 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gnu win32 mailer'

My signal handling is not functioning as expected under gnu-win32.

I notice that if in a read, when a signal (e.g, a SIGALRM) triggers, the
signal handler is run, and then control is passed back to the read,
which just carries on.
It is expected that after a signal has been triggored and the handler
run, then the read should return.

I have tried this using both,

struct sigaction vec;
vec.sa_handler = myroutinename;
if (sigemptyset(*vec.sa_mask) == -1) return -1;
vec.sa_flags = SIG_INTERRUPT;
if (sigaction(SIGALRM, &vec, NULL) == -1) return -1;
alarm(10);

and,

if (signal(SIGALRM, myroutinename) == SIG_ERR) return -1;
alarm(10);

Many Regards,
Ian Collins

-

* RE: Signal Handling
@ 1997-07-25  9:56 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-07-25  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Aris Zakinthinos'

Aris Zakinthinos wrote:
> I have been keeping up with Sergey's coolview updates and have noticed that
> Ctrl-C does not work as reliably as it did before I downloaded the coolview

The last (07.24.97) dll have some signal problems fixed.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* Signal Handling
@ 1997-07-25  5:29 Aris Zakinthinos
From: Aris Zakinthinos @ 1997-07-25  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I have been keeping up with Sergey's coolview updates and have noticed that
Ctrl-C does not work as reliably as it did before I downloaded the coolview
series of updates.  Has anybody else experienced the same problem?  I have
to admit that the coolview updates are defiantly really cool!!  Great Job
Sergey!

Aris.

-

* Re: signal handling
@ 1997-05-02 14:19   ` Uwe Wuerfel
From: Uwe Wuerfel @ 1997-05-02 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey Noer, gnu-win32

> Signals are almost not implemented in beta 17.1 so it's not
> surprising that you're having troubles here.  Once beta 18 comes out
> (still shooting for early May), you may well have much better luck since
> we've put a good bit of effort in this area in the last couple of months...

Does this mean, that functions like kill() aren't supportet at the moment,
but will be in b18?

uwe.

8X--------------------------------------------------------------------X8
If you cut here, you will probably destroy your monitor.     Uwe Wuerfel
Morgenstund...                   ...kommt selten allein.   uwe@genias.de
-

* Re: signal handling
@ 1997-05-02 14:02     ` Geoffrey Noer
From: Geoffrey Noer @ 1997-05-02 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uwe; +Cc: noer, gnu-win32

Uwe Wuerfel wrote:

> Does this mean, that functions like kill() aren't supportet at the moment,
> but will be in b18?

Yes.  Signals in beta 18 won't be perfect by any means but they'll
be much improved with respect to previous releases.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com